Some findings about SCIR airport...

Planning to make some flights in Chile, I downloaded and installed Juan Lucero's Chile airports v1.2 (originally designed for FSX, probably stock version)

I tested quite a lot of the airports supplied, which show nice scenery once these airports have been reworked by resetting all draw flags to yes, mainly for the taxi paths.

When checking SCIR (Isla Robinson Crusoe, Juan Fernandez islands), I saw some strange display there, and checked further, finally discarding these chilean airports, which did not get rid of the display "misfit"...

Here the rendition of the airport area with FTX Global, with FTX Vector but without FTX_Vector_FixedAPT, and no mesh active :

5aff348f20c2d_01-SCIRnomeshnovector.thumb.jpg.8d5282c3934ac81ef2db0934ca8242a7.jpg

Here the rendition of the airport area with FTX Global, FTX Vector except FTX_Vector_FixedAPT, with TOPOSIM mesh active :

5aff35094c7e3_02-SCIRmeshandvector.thumb.jpg.f033db108b73f2991f661eea29e98bcc.jpg

Here the rendition of the airport area with FTX Global, FTX Vector with FTX_Vector_FixedAPT but without ABP_SCIR and without APT_SCIR, with TOPOSIM mesh active :

5aff35627c1bf_03-SCIRmeshvectorlessAPT_SCIRlessABP_SCIR.thumb.jpg.4faba0783cc672c8720187b7502f6e41.jpg

Starting from picture 3 status (FTX Global, FTX Vector with FTX_Vector_FixedAPT but without ABP_SCIR and without APT_SCIR, TOPOSIM mesh active):

If now I just add ABP_SCIR only, it will show the trench on the terrain, and the runway on the water.

If I now delete ABP_SCIR and add APT_SCIR, it will show no trench and no runway. In fact the runway is under the mesh, therefore can not be seen from above the terrain.

And finally what Google Maps show :

5aff3794368ee_04-SCIRGoogle.thumb.jpg.a05a94471499cb3e4fa6687d00ec05ba.jpg

If the trench looks to be oriented as per Google Map, it seems that the runway in stock or ORBX scenery is possibly misaligned. In real life the airport is reported at 433ft ASL, whereas the trench (or runway) are at more or less 0ft ASL.

Or I have a problem on my system, possibly missing, or having corrupt file(s)...

Would be good to get rid of these ugly trench and bottom background at least...

Any suggestion or comment appreciated

Blue skies

Thanks Phil

It actually looks to me that Vector put the island in the correct location, which is nowhere near where FSX put it and the default airport, and seeing’s how Vector does not move airports, we get this common occurrence in many areas.

Hopefully it can get added to the list for a future Vector Update.  :)

Cheers

Doug

Hello,

It looks like the Vector amendment has kept the incorrect FSX airport elevation.

I have made a corrected version, if you want it.

It is very basic, just like the default airport.

First disable APT_SCIR.bgl.

The airfield files' scenery library entry must be above the Vector scenery library entries.

You could add them to an existing folder or add them separately and make a scenery library entry for them.

You must put the third "ALT" file into scenery\world\scenery.

Untitled.jpg

Files.zip

Archived