Is there a reason why there will be a double San Mateo bridge in San Francisco? First I thought it is the Aerosoft SanFran_City scenery but after disabled it was still there. Then I thought it is the FlightBeam KSFO scenery, and after that was disabled it was still there. The only thing left is ORBX OpenLC_US

Any help?

SanMateo.jpg

5 minutes ago, Terblanche said:

I will sit later today and add all ± 50 transaction codes to my signature ...

Hello,

please don't waste your time, one transaction number is enough and I have added it to your profile.

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

please don't waste your time, one transaction number is enough and I have added it to your profile.

Thanks Nick,

now what about those double bridges?

NCA is disabled at the moment in order to fly FlightBeam's KSFO and have Aerosoft's SF City scenery enabled.

Hi there,

if you uncheck the "Bridges" option you will lose all 3D "extrusion" bridges globally (no road vectors across rivers, just gaps), which may not be desirable. Instead, you could re-activate the checkbox(es) and then just manually deactivate Vector's bridges file for the San Francisco area, named "1518_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Highway.bgl", located in "\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_OBJ\scenery". Renaming its .bgl extension to .OFF should do the trick.

Make sure to pick the correct file as there are many with similar names.

Cheers, Holger

6 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Instead, you could re-activate the checkbox(es) and then just manually deactivate Vector's bridges file for the San Francisco area, named "1518_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Highway.bgl", located in "\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_OBJ\scenery". Renaming its .bgl extension to .OFF should do the trick.

Oh GREAT! The answer I was hoping for. Thank you ... will painstakingly make sure the correct one is *off

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Holger Sandmann said:

you could re-activate the checkbox(es) and then just manually deactivate Vector's bridges file for the San Francisco area, named "1518_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Highway.bgl", located in "\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_OBJ\scenery". Renaming its .bgl extension to .OFF should do the trick.

Cheers, Holger

I wonder if something similar exists for the Oeresund bridge at Copenhagen as well? I suffer from its twin since I changed to p3d (with FT EKCH installed).

On 5/7/2018 at 8:29 PM, Holger Sandmann said:

try "5112_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Primary.bgl", in the same folder as mentioned above.

This could have a ripple effect to a lot of third party scenery like Boston (FlyTampa + Aerosoft City) and KJFK + KSEA (Drzewiecki) to just name a few that jump to mind.

• 3 months later...

I see the same double San Mateo bridge. I have openLC North America, but not yet NA Northern California. My questions are:

-  Will this problem be addressed by ORBX in the future?

-  Will "NA Northern California" cure the problem?

Thank you,

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

indeed, the FSX/P3D world is divided into a regular, nested grid; see http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/world/terrain/terrain_overview.html#Base File Information

Using that map it's relatively easy to find the name of the numbered default folder for your area of interest. However, those folders are based on the QMID 4 level (the red lines in the map) while both the default and Vector's file sets are based on the smaller QMID 7 level (the black lines), which is the column/row number you need to determine.

If you have ADE (Airport Design Editor) installed you can locate a nearby stock airport and the selection screen will also list the default file it's in, which contains the local grid cell number in its name. For example, start ADE, search for city Detroit, then select KDTW, and its file name gets listed as "APX25160.bgl" meaning you're looking for QMID 7 grid cell "2516".

Alternatively, if you have the P3D/FSX SDK installed, you can open its TMFViewer.exe tool, activate the QMID7 grid display, and then use Jump > Lat/Long to center the display on the local grid cell and to read its number (File#) from the bottom of the screen. The local coordinates can be copied from Google or Bing Maps or the sim's map or coordinate displays.

Cheers, Holger

• 4 weeks later...

Hello...

I followed the fix with remove "1518_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Highway.bgl" for KSFO area - and that works.

Can you help me with file name for "Storebeltsbridge" connecting Fyn with Zealand in Denmark and 

and filename with "Lillebeltsbridge connecting Fyn with Jutland in Denmark    -  Maybe its the same file ?

Do you need any information for me so you can see my product info ?

Christian from Denmark

Hello...

I am from Denmark

I have found the exact file in FTX Vector OBJ. that making my issue.

I have the known problem with double bridges  in the area. 

If I remove the file , the issue is fixed...

BUT... It also removes an important bridge close to an airport, a bridge I dont want to miss...

If I send you the exact filename and coordinates for two bridges- 

Can you then Update the file???

Christian from Denmark

Edited by copilot767
Wrong word

Thank you :) Yes correct -its 5012 - found it.

It removed correct the fault bridges, but it also moved a important bridge- I want to keep (Vejle-fjord bridge)

Think about its possible to open the "5012" file  and go into it and manual delete 2 bridges ,so I kan keep the importants ones ???

Rather than "deleting" files, has anybody made an effort to simply block these bridges where they collide with default bridges?  Probably one of the few areas where the default scenery is preferable.  I've started building an exclude file for my own use to block these extrusion bridges - obviously it's a compromise as the default bridges don't line up with the Vector roads all the time, but from low altitudes it certainly looks better than double bridges and from airliner operations it's scarcely noticable.

Hi there,

placing local excludes for the duplicate extrusion bridges is a good idea. If you feel like sharing and/or entice others to share their excludes feel free to start a thread with an appropriate header in our Community Scenery Addons subforum: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/165-community-scenery-addons/

Cheers, Holger