IMPORTANT: Netherlands TrueEarth Release Information

John Venema

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the answer seems to be to opt in to the FastLane.

https://orbxdirect.com/account/fastlane

FTX Central should then offer the update the next time it is run.

Nick... You´re simply the best as Tina Turner sung!!!

Bang..... Bullseye..... Now it´s 3.3.0.2

Thank you so much. To late for NL-HD but early enough for the next Products from ORBX !! :)

Gerd

Hi all,

Where can I download the FTX Central 3.3 to set the "Temp" directory...

With kind regards,

Wim
As Nick said, opt into Fastlane at OrbxDirect.com/account/fastlane and then the option to update will appear in FTX Central on the left side.

Caleb

OK I changed directory for temp files. And its not downloading. 'Wait for a few minutes....' 15 min passed - nothing at all. Manual download how it works?

Manual download: go to your account on the OrbxDirect website, and click on the product that you wish to download. There should be a button there to download it manually. I would also recommend using a download manager such as Free Downlaod Manager (https://www.freedownloadmanager.org)

Then when you go into FTX Central go the the product and click "install options." Then choose "install from my manually downloaded ZIP file" and browse for the ZIP.

You're set!

Caleb

Please help smth wrong with server or what....? No downloading.
Version of FTX 3.3.02 
I would recommend the manual download method as described in my previous post if you can't do it with FTXC.

Caleb

45 minutes ago, Dobrolet77 said:

Im very sorry BUT I cant download my copy of THIS AMAIZNG SCENERY Sorry for my english. This zone ''Temp download location" is not clickable WHAAAAAAAA!!!!

Please help!!!!

Screenshot attached

Hi,

Can you please post a new support topic in the OrbxDirect and FTX Central 3 Support Forum

Thanks,

Matt.

First of all congratulations.

I love it. The best product Ive ever had for the Netherlands. Together with Germany N&S its fun flying around.

BUT..........

I miss really some iconic landmarks

I think there are more, but

1. The lighthous on the Island Texel https://www.google.nl/maps/@53.1809214,4.8548789,3a,75y,16.9h,87.58t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0eCe1Sbby3G9Kby1Ass4jA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
  2. and the bridge near Maarssen https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.1325856,5.0398065,3a,75y,334.08h,78.4t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sJwJTeKsdc4-mhrb3IyVGWQ!2e0!7i13312!8i665

For VFR flying very important. At the bridge the road drains though water....

Regards, Torsten

On 4/19/2018 at 7:06 PM, John Venema said:
On 4/19/2018 at 6:39 PM, Marek2704 said:

I'm a bit worry after some simple maths calculations:
Netherlands - 44,543 sq km - 77 GB
Germany - 357,022 sq km - 661 GB...?

Likely Summer and Winter seasons only to keep things sane.

Hi John,

I managed to install Netherlands HD TE 36+ hours after having started the download and having had to interrupt it twice to get some sleep in between. But what a great job your team has done! The scenery is fantastic and makes you immediately longing for more. Congratulations to another OrbX masterpiece!

Earlier you posted you wold consider to reduce the content of the next coming HD sceneries in favor of download size.

I would like to advocate vivid against such a decision.

The spring and the autumn seasons, not only in Germany, but in general bring landscapes with the most lively colors onto our screens. While Winter looks bland - and here in Germany most of the time looks anything else than white - Summer most often only looks green. Cutting out the two most colorful seasons would be cutting out 50% of the immersion and charm this new technology can bring to not only 'low and slow' flightsimming enthusiasts. 50% of the selling argument, at least concerning me would be missing.

I would hope that you would rather sell or distribute it in parts and seasons. Technically this would be possible and the logistic overhead would not be too heavy. Personally I would rather get me more storage space for my PC, than purchasing a 'half-baked' (in my eyes) scenery solution.

I am aware that there may be different opinions on this out there, but the new scenery looks so overwhelming that it would be a pity to sacrifice its' beauty on behalf of hard disk space.

Looking forward to see more flowering regions coming to us in True Earth technology,

Sincerly,

Frank

Still I think there's a lot to be done in future updates. For instance the mesh, it looks that the traffic on the highways are bumping a lot when passing flyovers and bridges.

Also I miss the "rijtjeshuizen" which are also typically Dutch.

Hello,

I should point out that this is not a support or feedback topic and that requests posted here are unlikely to receive attention.

One of your fellow customers has started a topic for this which I have pinned.

As the product has now been released, I will make this one read only.

Thanks.

Archived