I need a recomedation.....

Triplane

I hope Nick will leave this here at least for a little while.....I need a recommendation for a restaurant. We'll be in Australia this month and one of the couple we're traveling with has a birthday while we're in Sydney. None of the four of us have ever been to Australia before and I need a recommendation for a restaurant that serves great beef and lamb chops. We're staying at the Sir Stamford (Circular Quay). I understand The Quay (I our first choice) is closed for renovations. If anyone has any thoughts about where we might go for dinner on this special night it would be greatly appreciated....... Doug

I posted this here because it does relate to aviation. We're taking a 15 hour flight from Los Angeles to Sydney  :)..........

Exactly what I was looking for Ken. This may well be the place. We're only going to be in Sydney for a few days so we're trying to make the most of it. My wife's sister lived there for a few years but that was almost 50 years ago so her memories may not be the best to rely on. We're boarding a ship in Sydney for a trans-Pacific cruise back to the USA. Over the years we've traveled a lot of the world (111 countries) but, at our age, this will probably be the last time we'll ever visit "down under". Thanks so much for the help.....Doug

Doug.

I wish you and the team a great trip down-under and the trip home should be fantastic.

Just a couple of points if I may.  You haven't truly been down-under unless you have seen the beauty that beholds Aotearoa.  Sydney is extremely nice, as we travel there every year.  The true lambs are bred and born in the land of the long white cloud.  Just make sure they give you true lamb and not either an old ewe or Kangaroo. They are known for cheating, our West Islanders, something we are very foreign to.  You will note that Aussie men tend to cry when confronted by a TV camera, I've no idea why.  I saw three of them do just that the other day, can't work out why,  they were muttering something about South Africa, funny people you know these Aussies (just  a warning).

All the best, I wish I could make the same trip.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim. I've already been told by the wife that the lamb had better be the real thing :). We still have you on the to-do list but I'm just not sure it will ever come to be. I have a good friend who lived on the South Island for much of his life and he long-ago hooked us on the beauty of it all. I've seen the interview with Steve Smith when he arrived back in Sydney.....a really sad situation.

Doug

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:34 AM, JimNZ said:

Doug.

I wish you and the team a great trip down-under and the trip home should be fantastic.

Just a couple of points if I may.  You haven't truly been down-under unless you have seen the beauty that beholds Aotearoa.  Sydney is extremely nice, as we travel there every year.  The true lambs are bred and born in the land of the long white cloud.  Just make sure they give you true lamb and not either an old ewe or Kangaroo. They are known for cheating, our West Islanders, something we are very foreign to.  You will note that Aussie men tend to cry when confronted by a TV camera, I've no idea why.  I saw three of them do just that the other day, can't work out why,  they were muttering something about South Africa, funny people you know these Aussies (just  a warning).

All the best, I wish I could make the same trip.

Best regards,

Jim

LMAO.......  

This place is pretty memorable for a meal too http://mantarestaurant.com.au/

Still LMAO.  Jim's post did make me smile (lots).

The Manta looks great. I've added it to our list of places to dine. It took me a few minutes to figure out what Jim's post was all about (cricket isn't in the news here) but once I got the message I, too, laughed a bit. But, at the same time, I do find it sad. Thanks again for the tip...................Doug

Archived