ALL FTX Products and here how it looks - help

huascar

Not sure what is happening but this is the reason why I hate FSX. I have FTX Global, Vectors, LC North America and Europe and the scenery looks like crap. What is happening?  I have included a picture below. I have an i72600k and Nvidia GTX 1050 ti. It should not look blurry like below. Please not I do not have a mesh product installed.

Capture.PNG

Is this something new or has it always been like that? Also are you using DX10 and Nvidia inspector?  Your system should be able to handle fairly high settings but the general solution to blurry textures is to move the sliders to the left.  Cut the frame rates to below 30 and dial back autogen, traffic, and clouds.  If that doesn't improve the situation then something else is going on within your set up.

Hello Huascar,

Can you please provide Shift+Z coordinates in your FSX screen captures, it  is impossible to compare without an exact location.
There are definitely some setup issues with your sim and graphics. I don't think this is an Orbx issue per se',  I'm thinking fsx.cfg FSX setup (texture filtering) "AS" should be x16 "AA" should be at least 8xS.
Cameras.cfg - (excessive view cycling) can also prolong loading of a scenery area,  Cycling between FlyBy & AI Planes view, and back to User aircraft - Spot, Locked Spot, then back to VC). You can check this slow load  by pausing the sim then seeing how long it takes the scenery to recover and resolution to improve. Usually takes about 30seconds for a particularly heavy scenery area.

Of course the FSX 32bit sim DX9 and the core sim engine do not help in this regard, (it is what it is). Having said that, FSX has been very good to me over the years.

Perhaps you could attach your fsx.cfg from C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX  to your next post.
also Cameras.cfg from the same location.

As Bullfox said above, are you using NVidia Inspector/Profiler for graphics settings, if so, could you attach a picture of your NVI panel with the FSX profile loaded.
If you're only using the basic Nvidia control Panel, could you please attach a picture of the 3D setup panel.

Also as FSX is mostly CPU dependant, are you overclocking your i7 2600k above 4.2Ghz or higher. Overclocking is essential for performance, and has a direct relation to the overall display of all scenery elements, particularly where a user might expect to push the sliders more to the right.

Also do you often cycle between views while flying fast. 2 view points within the cameras.cfg are particularly problematic, in that they load well away from your user aircraft, where the scenery must play catchup, then cycling to the next view [CameraDefinition.010]
Title = AI Planes
& [CameraDefinition.005] Title = FlyBy are problematic in this regard as they take so long to load once back in your user aircraft. These views can be hidden from the view cycle keys, by adding a  CycleHidden = Yes option to Definition .005 & .010

Jeff/Bullfox - Thank you both for the input. I will go ahead and get that information and post it for your collective perusal. I restored my computer to 2013 when my FSX was looking a lot better (link below), but for some reason when I add all the ORBX stuff (global, vectors, land class, Innsburk etc..), things go south. I could be doing the installs incorrectly. As for the NVIDIA and FSX.CFG, I have no idea what is the configuration at the moment as I never considered those sort of things as too critical. I updated my Nvida graphics card two days go thinking  my GTX 580 was dated for ORBX and newer addons. I just got the GTX 1050ti and have an intel i72600 k(overclocked to 4.6GHZ), so I still believe I do not have a machine problem.  It could be, as you stated, that my set up went to hell or perhaps the Nvidia Inspector is out of wack.  Or, it could be FSX being FSX. I am considering changing to P3D or FSX Steam edition but not sure it'll offer any improvement. I will gather the info you've requested and post here in tomorrow. 

Hi Huascar,

Thanks for that info so far, and the video.

The video image "Ground Scenery" seems a little mushy (Low Res) even at 720p,  a great deal of popping from lights and whatnot at that airport @3:26-3:43 (don't know where it is ICAO wise), so maybe it has never been as sharp or smooth as you might like.  Perhaps when we see your fsx.cfg, Cameras.cfg, NVInspector, Nvidia CPsettings, they will reveal where the problem is.

If you went P3D you would need better more modern hardware. FSX:SE+DX10 should be alright though. I'm currently using FSXA Gold /DX9 and have very sharp Ground Scenery, Autogen & aircraft. (See my system specs in sig).

Your setup is struggling somewhere along the way, hence the popping and slow resolving of Ground Scenery.

Look forward to seeing those files requested, and hope there is something glaringly obvious that will make a difference in what's currently being displayed.

Could you also indicate wether you are running multi monitor setup or a single flat panel, and provide those all essential Shift+Z co-ords in your FSX screen caps.

Thank you, Jeff. So, last night I finally made the decision to strip FSX from my computer. Deleted all files associated with the program and I'm currently in the process of installing FSX Steam. I'll give it a try hoping it'll offer some improvement; if that doesn't work, I may go with P3d. I just don't want to spend more money on a high end computer, franky. Can you believe I paid $3200 for this aliewnware back in 2011. Anyhow, I have reverted my NVIDIA settings to its original settings (below) and to answer your question, I only use one monitor (a Dell 27' inch). Any suggestion on FSX Steam and whether I have to do a anyf tweaks for it to work properly? In short, I am attaching my Nvidia settings and would  welcome any suggestions in terms of proper settings. I would also appreciate any advise on proper way/order to install Orbx products or any addons for that matter. I am losing a lot of money my swapping simulators. Imagine all the addons you add to your system in 7 years? Thanks again!!!

NVIDIA 1.PNG

NVIDIA 2.PNG

NVIDIA 3.PNG

NVIDIA 4.PNG

NVIDIA 5.PNG

NVIDIA 7.PNG

NVIDIA 8.PNG

NVIDIA 9.PNG

NVIDIA 10.PNG

NVIDIA 11.PNG

NVIDIA 12.PNG

Hello,

FSX Steam Edition is virtually FSX Gold with a few tweaks made permanent.

For this reason, you could expect it to look exactly the same as FSX.

Personally, I tried FSX_SE when it was only £5 but have long ago returned to FSX Gold.

One of the best ways to combat blurry scenery textures is to lock the frame rate at 24 fps.

Nvidia Profile Inspector is the best way to get the most out of FSX.

If you install this version it should update itself.

Here are my settings for the FSX profile.

You must combine this with Anisotropic filtering and anti aliasing ticked in the FSX Display settings.

Untitled.jpg

Here is what you can expect, this is the FTX Iceland demo.

You will not see this if you fly at 400 knots, a 1050 graphics card won't be able to keep up.

2018-3-16_12-51-48-588.jpg

2018-3-16_12-51-6-501.jpg

2018-3-16_13-1-14-314.jpg

2018-3-16_13-2-57-882.jpg

Did not realize how low the 1050ti scored. I bought it 3 days ago and I can still exchange for the  GTX 1060. I will play around with the settings this weekend. This is going to be a gradual process. I will try this one more time and give up on simulation if it does not work. I won't spend precious time troubleshooting a game. I truly appreciate your advice. I will keep you posted. 

2 hours ago, huascar said:

Nick - I tried to get the GTX 1060 6B graphics card but there are sold out everywhere. I noticed not much difference between the two in terms of benchmarks. Any thoughts?

There are several 1060 6GB cards available at a well-known online electronics store, if you are still interested.

Archived