AEC is not moving airports in P3D v4.1

• Apologies, posted this in the wrong forum:
  •  

Using P3D v4.1

If I open up FTX Central (v3.2.3.0), then go to Settings & click on 'Configure FTX Global Vector', then go to the Tab for 'Automatic Elevation Corrections' I can see  'Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4.x in the Simulator choice box.

Before I run 'Auto Configuration', all the listed airports are on the 'AEC is Enabled For', [left hand], side of the 'matrix'

The AEC runs for about 15 seconds, but when it says it has finished, no airports have been moved across to the 'AEC is Disabled' (right hand) side of the Matrix.

Is this normal, or does something need fixing?

Could it be all my airports  need AEC?

I haven't come across any yet that do need to be manually moved to the right hand side.

Thanks

TTM

No...there is something wrong with this.

I have the same problem, have tried everything.

KSEA (seattle) is 50 ft underground, but in FSX, which I also have on my computer, is just fine.

I also know that this has been mentioned before, and while it is not a major problem, it seems to be common.

Hi guys,

the way the AEC tool works is that it scans all active scenery folders, including Orbx folders, against the set of airports of which Vector itself has changed the default elevation (i.e., all airports in the initial "AEC is enabled for" list on the lower left of the AEC menu). For each duplicate airport it finds, AEC compares the elevation changes and, if there's a difference, puts the Vector version into the "AEC is disabled for" list. In other words, Vector's AEC tool only ever deactivates its own files to avoid conflict with other add-ons, including FTX Regions and airports, when they contain different airport reference altitudes.

If a given airport doesn't appear on the "AEC is enabled for" list then Vector didn't change its default altitude. If you have a display problem at that airport then, most likely, it's a conflict between two other add-ons unrelated to Vector.

Each FTX Region contains several dozen airports for which we changed the default elevation to better match the custom terrain mesh. That's why quite a few airports end up on that AEC list when you first run the auto-scan and have other FTX products installed. KSEA should be among those, if you have PNW installed and active.

Cheers, Holger

Understand.

However, the problem is that when you run AEC auto in fsx, it runs, completes, and then says activate and then goodbye.

In my P3d, anyway, it simply runs and runs, and never finishes.

Apparently not everyone has this problem, so I assume it is localized and not generic to Vector.

Is this correct?

Hello Lawrence,

I have just run the auto configuration for P3D v4 with all the FTX products installed and active

in the scenery library and it completed in around three or four minutes.

I can say therefore that this is not an inherent problem with the Vector software.

To TTM,

the Vector control panel reads the current scenery.cfg file.

If it contains no add on airports, no changes are necessary and none will be made.

Therefore, it does take only a few seconds and the right hand column remains empty.

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

To TTM,

the Vector control panel reads the current scenery.cfg file.

If it contains no add on airports, no changes are necessary and none will be made.

Therefore, it does take only a few seconds and the right hand column remains empty.

Okay.

Thanks Nick.

TTM

Archived