LDDU Mesh issue

rafgath

Hi,

I have a problem with LDDU Dubrovnik scenery. When I set mesh to 5m some of the houses seem to float in the air but general aviation static planes are ok. When I change resolution to 10m buildings are ok but static planes (only GA) start float in the air. Please find a screenshot attached. Fresh install of P3D v4.1 with installed: FTX Global, FTX Vector, FTX OpenLC, Trees HD, FS Global 2018 FTX, and ORBX airports.

Regards,

Untitled-1.jpg

My settings

Untitled-2.jpg

• 2 months later...

I just installed P3d after long break and see that this problem still exists, so I'm attaching a short movie showing the issue with mesh. This is a fresh installation of Prepa3d 4.2 with ONLY FTX Global, FtX Vector and openLC Europe, America and South American Installed. Of course vector compatibility is ticked in control panel.

https://youtu.be/ey-Fg81Kg8s

Regards

For clarity. Floating houses that we can see in 1.17 sec (having mesh set to 5) is a Prepar3D issue, not ORBX LDDU scenery and it does not bother anyone, despite killing the entire immersion on landing (rwy12)? 

Floating houses are a normal reality in our flight simulators....sometimes if you fly away from them and come back they are not floating anymore, sometimes if you reset the scenery using the "Refresh scenery" key assignment they will stop floating. Personally it does not have any affect on immersion for me... but everybody is different.  :)

Maybe also check you have the correct options selected in the LDDU control panel in regards to Vector, although I don't think that will have any effect on floating houses.

Cheers

Doug

Hello Gentlemen,

for me there is indeed a problem here.

There is an exact point at which the houses rise into the air, using the Y key:

Houses on the ground:

1.jpg

At this point, they rise into the air and stay there

2.jpg

Sometimes, at the same point, the houses are missing and then appear.

I will ask the developer to comment.

I mentioned this a long time ago and got a response that worked for me. You need to reload the scenery by loading the flight, sit on the runway and the go to Scenery Library and click OK again so it reloads. The houses should now be on the ground. Can't remember the reason given for the cause of this anomaly, just recall the resolution.

Hello,

I was also able to replicate the issue, I've whipped up a quick fix if you would like to give it a go.

Firstly, go to the Dubrovnik scenery folder, located at Prepar3D v4/ORBX/FTX_EU/FTX_AA_LDDU/Scenery, and rename the file called Orbx_Dubrovnik_DEM_5m.bgl to Orbx_Dubrovnik_DEM_5m.bgl.OFF

Then, backup the original CVX_ORBX_LDDU_airportflatten.BGL that's in the same folder somewhere, and unzip the attached file and replace the original with it.

Finally make sure your mesh is set to 5m.

Let me know if that works for you!

Cheers, Misha

CVX_ORBX_LDDU_airportflatten.zip

Archived