Strange vertical boat wake....!?

Timmy74

Hello Members,

Would anyone know what causes this issue at all...?   It appears to be from this model boat only and when I have "Leisure Craft" set above 30%.

Any ideas as to why this happens?

boat.jpg

boat2.jpg

Cheers,

Tim.

21 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

Hi exact nothing....!

i give you direct here .

Let me know ?
Replace this wake in your Sim for hotfix your  wake

Patrick

Thank you Patrick. However, before I download....could you please explain what causes this issue -because I have never seen it before- and what is in the download file that you have posted?

Cheers,

Tim.

4 hours ago, Timmy74 said:

Thank you Patrick. However, before I download....could you please explain what causes this issue -because I have never seen it before- and what is in the download file that you have posted?

Cheers,

Tim.

textures read with an other DX .

15 hours ago, Timmy74 said:

Hello Tim,

What sim are you using?  Baring a faulty memory, In P3D v4, wake effects that are missing the line 'Ground Decal=1' in the [particle.x] sections of the effect will display as you have shown.  This line was added in v3 because it was needed to accommodate 3D waves. The idea is that the wake becomes a decal on the 3D surface of the water.  In v4 it is a strict requirement even if you don't use 3D waves. There is an extended discussion of this on the forum here if you search for it.  (All Orbx effects where this was a problem have been updated some time ago.)

I have also seen this in FSX if you use wake effects that were designed for FS9. 

In short, you are most likely using an outdated or inappropriate wake effect at least for the wake used on the boat in your illustration.

9 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

There's a README in the download.

EDIT: There isn't a README in the download. I did have this problem myself a long time ago. Do you have the freeware ships add-on from AVSIM?

Hello Ron, 

I do not have the freeware ships add-on from AVSIM.  I do however have the "Global AI ship traffic" from "FlightsimNorway". I have had this installed for a very long time but have never come across this issue...!?

9 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Hello Tim,

What sim are you using?  Baring a faulty memory, In P3D v4, wake effects that are missing the line 'Ground Decal=1' in the [particle.x] sections of the effect will display as you have shown.  This line was added in v3 because it was needed to accommodate 3D waves. The idea is that the wake becomes a decal on the 3D surface of the water.  In v4 it is a strict requirement even if you don't use 3D waves. There is an extended discussion of this on the forum here if you search for it.  (All Orbx effects where this was a problem have been updated some time ago.)

I have also seen this in FSX if you use wake effects that were designed for FS9. 

In short, you are most likely using an outdated or inappropriate wake effect at least for the wake used on the boat in your illustration.

Hello Larry,

Thank you for your reply.  I am using sim version P3Dv3.4.  How do I "update" my effects to stop this from happening?

Cheers,

Tim.

Hello Tim,

regardless of where you download the files, Global AI ship traffic by Henrik Nielsen

and his team is the same product.

If you search the Avsim Library for Global AI ship traffic, you will find all the latest files,

though the same files seem to be hosted at FlightsimNorway and Flightsim.

Perhaps if you install the latest version, you will no longer see the outdated effects?

12 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Tim,

regardless of where you download the files, Global AI ship traffic by Henrik Nielsen

and his team is the same product.

If you search the Avsim Library for Global AI ship traffic, you will find all the latest files,

though the same files seem to be hosted at FlightsimNorway and Flightsim.

Perhaps if you install the latest version, you will no longer see the outdated effects?

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your input. I will pop over to Flightsim Norway and download their current package.

Fingers crossed....

Regards,

Tim.

Hello,

Patrick has uploaded a .rar file which contains the effects files for these ships.

This is very good of him and I thank him, as it is perfectly clear that his intention is to help you and not to

corrupt your PC.

I have downloaded and unzipped the files and can assure you that they have no malicious content at all.

If you wish to try them, please use the normal and safe method of first making a back up of

your effects folder.

Copy the files into your existing effects folder, let them overwrite and see if your spurious wake effects have gone.

If you find that you cannot make them work, delete your effects folder and replace it with your backup.

If you still feel that this is too risky, please don't do it.

17 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Patrick has uploaded a .rar file which contains the effects files for these ships.

This is very good of him and I thank him, as it is perfectly clear that his intention is to help you and not to

corrupt your PC.

I have downloaded and unzipped the files and can assure you that they have no malicious content at all.

If you wish to try them, please use the normal and safe method of first making a back up of

your effects folder.

Copy the files into your existing effects folder, let them overwrite and see if your spurious wake effects have gone.

If you find that you cannot make them work, delete your effects folder and replace it with your backup.

If you still feel that this is too risky, please don't do it.

Thank you Nick and completely concur with your statement. However, I just wanted some sort of explanation as to what was in the file before downloading it.
Is that not a fair request?   

Indeed and there is your answer to this:

I am not too keen on downloading and installing random files without some sort of explanation as to what is it

Patrick had already posted the same but in slightly less detail.

Replace this wake in your Sim for hotfix your  wake

nevertheless, the meaning is quite clear.

"""I do however have the "Global AI ship traffic" from "FlightsimNorway". """

I assume you additionally installed the package "200 AI Ship and AI Ship Traffic v2" by Henrick Nielsen. (over the "Global AI Ship Traffic" package/overwriting former files)

Btw, by using "Little NavMap" you will be able to identify the ships/boats causing these problems.

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

I have a similar problem with Smoke and Wave editing in Prepar 3D v3.4
As you can see on the pictures behind the ship there are no waves and the chimney of the ship can not see smoke coming out. The sounds of the marine engines are fine. Can you tell me how to fix it?
I'm using iMAC 2010 27 "with BootCamp, Windos 10,  i7 CPU at 2.93 GHz, 32 GB RAM and HD5750 GPU with 1 GB of RAM Tessalation turns me off, FPS set to 30.
Well thank you
Sincerely
Karoly

oy5NnYZ.jpg

g2BmdbN.png

Hello Karoly,

That's a different problem than the OP's Vertical Wake.
You might check wether your P3D Graphics options "Advanced Animations" checkbox is enabled. If it is already enabled you might try disabling and then re-enabling it.

Also check that your "Special Effects Detail" slider is set to full right.

The other thing to note..... is that unless a ship is underway, there will not be any smoke from the stack or wake effect until the vessel has begun its AI route.

Is your AI vessel underway (moving) or stopped.

Archived