Scenery Library?

Daveebee46

A long time ago when I still used FSX i had a facility when in Scenery  Library ,if I needed to move scenery files up or down I could speed up the process by holding down the 'ALT' (I think it was) and then the 'move up' or 'move down' this would speed up the whole process. Orbx scenery usually places itself above almost every other scenery. I now have P3Dv4.1  and this useful 'ALT'  key does not seem to work. Does anyone know if there is another key that can speed up the process of moving scenery files quickly?

5 hours ago, Daveebee46 said:

A long time ago when I still used FSX i had a facility when in Scenery  Library ,if I needed to move scenery files up or down I could speed up the process by holding down the 'ALT' (I think it was) and then the 'move up' or 'move down' this would speed up the whole process. Orbx scenery usually places itself above almost every other scenery. I now have P3Dv4.1  and this useful 'ALT'  key does not seem to work. Does anyone know if there is another key that can speed up the process of moving scenery files quickly?

Hello Dave,
EDIT: Disregard my Post, Nick,s post below & Haydon's have your answer.

I really don't know for sure if its the same in P3Dv4.1 because I still use FSX, although I can't see any reason why it wouldn't use the same function as FSX, (Read below).

No its not the Alt key or Enter key  or up / down arrows you would use to quickly move entries up or down in the Scenery Library, I think the facility you may be thinking of is  the "u or d" keys. (as denoted in FSX by the small underline below the u & d on the Move Up / Move Down buttons) (P3D does not appear have these underlined keyboard shortcuts in the Library panel, but you're welcome to prove me wrong, give u and d keys a try).
Firstly select the individual entry (highlight with mouse click) then use either the (u key) to move an item up, or the (d key) to move an item down.
You can rapidly move items by keeping your finger on either of these keys, (rapid move is accompanied by a sound - fast clicking sound), or speed the entry to the new location and tap the key till you are at the right number priority. Makes things a lot quicker than mouse clicking the panel "Move Up / Move Down buttons.

6 minutes ago, Daveebee46 said:

Hi, As I said yesterday the use of 'ENTER' certainly works  in P3Dv4 .however a friend of mine who still uses P3Dv2 finds that it does not. I wonder if there is another key that does this????

Did you tell your friend about the advice from Jeff?

Archived