PAKT Elevation Issues

Jonathan_Baggett

Hello, 

I have installed PAKT for P3Dv4, but when I load in the plane sits below the runway. (See attached image) I do not have vector installed so I running the elevation correction tool would not be a fix or option. Please help as I have exhausted the troubleshooting steps I have been able to find so far:

1) Disabled the parking spots in the configuration

2) Once loading in the airport I open the scenery library and press ok to recompile the scenery. 

Capture.PNG

Note: I do have the required Pacific Fjords scenery as well.

I'm not 100% sure what the fix is - but similar problems crop up quite often. Re-installing the ORBX Libraries (from within FTXC) might help.

It's actually quite a funny screenshot (it you're inclined to see the lighter side of your frustrating problem!).

Adam.

Hi Jonathan,

In FSX there is usually no problem with the runway or apron when spawning, aircraft rarely fall or sink through PR where the model is hardened,  but there were some problems with P3D & PAKT, the recommendation at the time was to go into the "PAKT config panel" then disable (Parking Spots - P3Dv2/P3Dv3) and P3Dv4 by now I would imagine.

PAKT Control Panel.PNG

I remember this being quite a common P3D question when spawning from a saved flight or trying to spawn from a saved flight at the gate, the slew function is often recommended along with disabling the Parking Spots. (Some users did not have issues hence the PAKT CP option to enable or not)
What happens if you (slew) using "Y" then "q" key (up) "z" for down)) to return the aircraft to the runway or apron surface  then "Y" again to un-toggle slew, does the aircraft stay on top or sink back through the PR (PhotoReal texture) Most areas of the underlying model are hardened for the sloping nature of the taxiways and Runway including the apron/parking, you can still fall/sink through PR texture if you venture off coarse or spawn through the terminal, or view from a low angle through a sloped taxiway embankment.
Be sure to set your Mesh Resolution to 5m, the 2m res is only if you also have FTX 7S3 Twin Oaks or another FTX airfield requiring 2m Mesh Res.

Please also check in your  Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_elevation_adjustment.BGL   has not been switched off with an .off extension.

Further to this, you can also open your P3D Scenery library list, then click OK to reset the scenery, odd elevations and floating objects can usually be set right by doing this.

7 hours ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Hi Jonathan,

In FSX there is usually no problem with the runway or apron when spawning, aircraft rarely fall or sink through PR where the model is hardened,  but there were some problems with P3D & PAKT, the recommendation at the time was to go into the "PAKT config panel" then disable (Parking Spots - P3Dv2/P3Dv3) and P3Dv4 by now I would imagine.

PAKT Control Panel.PNG

I remember this being quite a common P3D question when spawning from a saved flight or trying to spawn from a saved flight at the gate, the slew function is often recommended along with disabling the Parking Spots. (Some users did not have issues hence the PAKT CP option to enable or not)
What happens if you (slew) using "Y" then "q" key (up) "z" for down)) to return the aircraft to the runway or apron surface  then "Y" again to un-toggle slew, does the aircraft stay on top or sink back through the PR (PhotoReal texture) Most areas of the underlying model are hardened for the sloping nature of the taxiways and Runway including the apron/parking, you can still fall/sink through PR texture if you venture off coarse or spawn through the terminal, or view from a low angle through a sloped taxiway embankment.
Be sure to set your Mesh Resolution to 5m, the 2m res is only if you also have FTX 7S3 Twin Oaks or another FTX airfield requiring 2m Mesh Res.

Please also check in your  Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_elevation_adjustment.BGL   has not been switched off with an .off extension.

Further to this, you can also open your P3D Scenery library list, then click OK to reset the scenery, odd elevations and floating objects can usually be set right by doing this.

Using slew fixed my issue, however the static aircraft on the apron is still sitting below the apron. This is something I could live with if there is no fix. Thanks for your help!

Hi Jonathan,

I'm glad the slew function was able to get your user aircraft back on the runway surface.

As for the sunken static 737 at the gate, I have not seen any solutions for this in P3Dv4.x , perhaps an orbx staff/dev can assist if they have a solution. The only thing that I can see as temporary solution, would be disabling "Airport Static Aircraft" in the PAKT CP,  you would also loose the small statics on the lower level.

Hello Nick,

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jeff,

do you mean this sunken static 737 at the gate in P3D v4.1?

Yes, but clearly yours is sitting at the right height.  For the OP I wonder if a re-install of the OrbxLibs  post installation of (FTX PAKT Ketchikan & Updates) would see his install look as perfect as yours.
Even though the OP Jonathan as indicated his issue is resolved, I suspect we aren't there yet, I will leave a little on the plate & swing my knife and fork together on the OP remaining static 737 issue.

(It might be worthwhile running the Migration Troubleshooter) Jonathan seems to have all the right pre-requisites and installed what needs to be installed but still the 737 & GSE is resting on an elevation between the terminal height and below his user aircraft.

Hi there,

it's also possible that there's another airport facilities file for PAKT active. In these cases of elevation conflicts at airports I always suggest to run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *PAKT*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths. An example of such a list is shown here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134687-kmry-elevation-issue/?do=findComment&comment=1195382

Cheers, Holger

Absolutely agree Holger, It would be interesting to see what the OP's sim folder search revealed, I suspect there could be something extra (Non-Orbx) .bgl with PAKT in its filename. Jonathan could you do a search as Holger recommends, post a pic of your results in the format as described above.

Archived