Error when installing/updating NA Airport Pack

matthewpow

Hi,

Please try this,

Your simulator and all other programs need to be closed first, make sure your antivirus is not blocking it and your UAC is turned off, then try the below procedure.  Also be sure to have HD free space(temp folder) on C:\ that is at least two times the .zip file size so the product can download and extract itself.

Go to FTX Central 3 Settings.

Uncheck the “Use multiple threads for downloads”.

Click on the “Clear Temp” Button.

Click on “Save”.

Restart FTXC3, and try again.

Please use a download manager for the below manual methods.  Browser extension download managers do not work for this. Below is a good free DL manager

https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Alternatively, you can also use a download manager (to help avoid corrupt downloads) such as IDM and do a manual download from your Orbx Direct account web page (this is where a download manager works great) and click on the account button top of page, then find and click on the product info, and in the bottom line small print there is a manual download option, down load it and save it in a named folder, then open FTXC3 and select it, and click on the orange "installation options" and select "Install from my manually downloaded .zip". as per the below links. :)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/127395-manual-download-of-products/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/125435-how-to-install-from-an-orbx-direct-downloaded-zip-file/

Cheers

Doug

Hello,

Please don't quote a huge block of text and then reply with one line.

Just the reply will do, there are only two of you in this conversation.

Thanks.

This is the first result of a Bing search for your error message, data error cyclic redundancy check.

The error data error (cyclic redundancy check) -- This message indicates that the operating system has found a drive with bad sectors or some other intermittent problem. This is usually caused by hard drive hardware problems.

You might wish to address that possibility.

• 3 months later...

Alright, I've given it months, still not working. Ran the file corruption command earlier today, nothing detected. Completely uninstalled FTX Central, even deleted Orbx registry keys, still getting the same error. Stuck at downloading, asks if I want to try again after 10-15 seconds, then gives the error. I want this pack badly. Everything else installs perfectly fine. Even tried downloading FSX:SE, still the same error.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do hope you haven't installed the NA GA AI Traffic pack into P3D V4. It is totally unsuited for that platform and the aircraft will not work properly. The HTAI Cessnas will cause your sim to crash if you get near them. This has been well documented on this and other forums.

You should be fine with it in FSX though.

I am looking at a P3D V4 version of the NA AI pack so you should wait for that. 

Archived