Dynamic lights don't works when arriving at ESSA (probably also other orbx product)

gianluk81

Hi,

in the last my flight, from ENGM to ESSA, when arriving at ESSA the dynamic lights don't works, but dyn light is on in configurator and if start from essa the dynlights works well. Any idea for fix? Try set special effects slide to max (read from other post) but don't resolve. I have p3d 4.1.

Regards

Gianluca Balloni 

Yes...already post on that link. 

My questio is...P3D 4.1 (or other) bugs? And wait for official response from ORBX, but with appropriate test! ORBX test with night flight to airport in question with dynamic lights? The problem is very very serious because i see more video in yt and dyn lights don't works when arriving at airport, like ESSA, like LOWI...and...like LDPL...LDPL is very very "new" scenery and don't possible orbx don't see this problems with dynamic lights.

Expect a onestly reply. If this problem with dynamic lights is real orbx don't possible insert a features like dynamic lights when this don't works when arriving at airport in question. No correct for owners. If problems found in lm ok, but in description of orbx airports don't possible see "dynamic lights"...Only in 4.0 but apparentely in 4.1 don't works if arriving at airport. Other scenery designer resolve the problems, like Jetstream design and digital design...I don't now because ORBX don't serius reply to this thread.

(re)wait for response. Ah...only reply is deleted my other post for this problems :(

No...because i test the scenery with problem and if add a correct ctrl for dynamic lights fx, the lights works also when arriving. I research in your products...and...when dyn lights don't works when arriving...like ESSA or LOWI, ctrl miss. Only normal fx for dynamic. I try in other scenery with same problems and solved simple add controller for fx. Try in your scenery and report...first test with ESSA. Logic, your scenery have a copyright and my personal "mod" use only for me and reports results on this thread for eventual your official fix. I don't share any mod.

...for technical info...

In ESSA dyn lights is: fx_ORBX_White_Round and fx_ORBX_Yellow_Round_Huge files. Well...this 2 fx don't have a controller...and dynamic lights don't works when arrive at ESSA (ok if depart from ESSA). Well...try to add a controller for this 2 fx and 100% dyn lights works ;)

• 1 month later...

Anything new about this? I found out tat my FPS gets horrible hit from dynamics lights in ESSA at night time, even I have turned of dynamic lights from configuration panel of ESSA. Turning on all lights of PMDG 737 drops FPS by 10. Turning on AI traffic drops FPS down to 4-10. I think this is worst near the terminal and gates. This don't happen at daylight or when dynamic lights turned off on the sim. In some other 3rd party airport like Aerosoft's Vienna I have no problems at all. I have quite poor FPS at LOWI too but not tested it thoroughly. I hope you get this sorted out.

My sim is P3D v4.1. i-4770K @ 3.40 / GTX1070 8Gb / 16Gb RAM.

• 11 months later...
On 1/7/2018 at 9:30 AM, Marcus Nyberg said:

We seem to have a fix for DL not activating when arriving to ESSA for some users.

As per the FPS question, setting Dynamic Reflections to low helped alot with frames at least in my P3D environment.

Only solution for DL not works when arriving is only insert a controller fx for DL. Estimated time for insert this small fix (but important!)?

Archived