Two monitors

Jack Sawyer

Does anyone know anything about using two monitors?  I bought a cable last night, it's a HMDI from the smaller spare monitor I had to a "Display Port" plug on my GTX 980.

Plugged it in and it works.

The only thing I don't like is when I run that app called Little Nav Map recommended by @BradB it works great in the second window while I fly, but, it will only work if P3Dv4.1 is in windowed mode.  Not something I'm too keen on doing.  When I run in full screen then the other screen goes black.  Is there a way around this.  When it comes to two monitors I'm like a babe in the woods.  I had to look at some YT's just to figure out how to get it to work in Windows 7.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Flo said:

Hey Jack, 

there is in option in the display settings in P3D. It says "Black-out desktop" or similar. Just don't tick that and the second monitor should be visible in full screen.

Cheers,

Flo

Outstanding!  I was looking in the drop-down menus, it never occurred to me to look there.  I know of what you speak, will try this.  Thank you so much!

Hi Jack,

Yes the above is the way to do what you want but in fact, P3D V4 does not have a true Fullscreen. If you read around the Net. you will see that this is the case. The reason I know this is because I use Anaglyph 3D and to remove the, what seems a brownish tinge over the screen, you do a registry edit which when done is activated by switching to the Fullscreen. As the Fullscreen is not actually what you think, it does not trigger the change and everything is slightly darker (Grey Skies) but Blue in 2D. There are threads on LM that talk about the fullscreen not being true fullscreen. The reason I love 3D is finally, someone fixed the runway lighting etc. Thank you LM.

Here is an old thread about this for P3D V3 but it is still the same with v4.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/477270-full-screen-view/

Kind Regards

Bernie.

I have to go out for a hike but will when I get back.

But Flo, I did as you suggested and it works!  Brilliant!  Now I have to figure out yet another app, Little Nav Map, why do these things have such a steep learning curve?

Thanks @BradB!  :lol:  Yet another thing to learn!

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I have to go out for a hike but will when I get back.

But Flo, I did as you suggested and it works!  Brilliant!  Now I have to figure out yet another app, Little Nav Map, why do these things have such a steep learning curve?

Thanks @BradB!  :lol:  Yet another thing to learn!

Here is the PDF for the App : https://www.gitbook.com/book/albar965/little-navmap-user-manual/details

John

Jack, are you still using "Flight Plan Go"?  Since you introduced me to it and I figured out how to connect to the Ipad, place the procedures overlay on the map & use the binders area I haven't looked back.  I have LittleNavMap and use it on occasion but Flight Plan Go is great, especially since the last update!

5 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Jack, are you still using "Flight Plan Go"?  Since you introduced me to it and I figured out how to connect to the Ipad, place the procedures overlay on the map & use the binders area I haven't looked back.  I have LittleNavMap and use it on occasion but Flight Plan Go is great, especially since the last update!

No, I stopped using it for some reason.  Don't remember why.  I'll have to look at it again.  I think it caused crashes on my PC, not sure.  Every time I used it I had problems.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

I think it caused crashes on my PC, not sure.  Every time I used it I had problems.

I use it almost every flight, never a problem.  Before the last update my Ipad ran out of storage until I figured out how to delete the old maps and procedures, but since the update that is almost automatic to update and delete items, you really should check it out again, even with a second monitor it is a very valuable tool.  My wife saw all of the screens I had open a few days ago and asked if I had enough to look at? ;)

1 hour ago, Wakashi said:

I use it almost every flight, never a problem.  Before the last update my Ipad ran out of storage until I figured out how to delete the old maps and procedures, but since the update that is almost automatic to update and delete items, you really should check it out again, even with a second monitor it is a very valuable tool.  My wife saw all of the screens I had open a few days ago and asked if I had enough to look at? ;)

:)  Well, looks like I'll have to look for it again Roger.  I don't like the way Apple took away the Apps from iTunes on my iMac.

Hi Jack,

At the risk of adding to the confusion, I just wanted to share that I use FS-Flightcontrol.

https://www.fs-flightcontrol.com/en/features/

I use it on a laptop networked to my FS pc. It does have a lot of features. I know that it is probably not what you are looking for at the moment. But, I thought that I would just share it with you :).

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I don't like the way Apple took away the Apps from iTunes on my iMac.

I don't like that either but what can ya do!  Can you go to the app store on your Ipad and search for it and download from the cloud?  That's the easiest way, since it mostly on the Ipad and not the computer itself.

9 hours ago, paulb said:

Hi Jack,

At the risk of adding to the confusion, I just wanted to share that I use FS-Flightcontrol.

https://www.fs-flightcontrol.com/en/features/

I use it on a laptop networked to my FS pc. It does have a lot of features. I know that it is probably not what you are looking for at the moment. But, I thought that I would just share it with you :).

Thanks Paul, I'll have a look but networked PC?  I wouldn't have a clue mate.

Archived