Elevation, textures and floating objects in P3D + Orbx

Greetings

I have recently installed P3D and Orbx Global Base and Vector. I have also FSX and same programs installed within it.

I noticed that flying over my country in (P3D) some textures cahnge! and even the shape causing strange elevations or then going flat.

The most significant is while flying to the Arenal Volcano in Costa Rica, coordinaters as per picture 1 enclosed.

When flying closer to the volcano then extures change, and some elevations occur , and the volcano starts to appear and take shape, little by little. In FSX you can see this volcano almost right from high altitud from the international airport.

To male it more sad it looks like a regular bad made mountain not a volcano, but when near there are houses in the crater and floating above it! and in the surrounds.

Then if you pass the volcano y totally disappears.

How can this be just possible?

Is this really a P3D issue? or Orbx?

How can I fix this?

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Carlos

Coordinates.png

Arenal 1.jpg

Arenal 2.jpg

Arenal 3.jpg

Arenal 4.jpg

Arenal 5.jpg

Hi Carlos

I can not replicate any of these issues you see, and I don't believe they are caused by Global Base or Vector....what is your mesh resolution set at? it should be 5m. You can also uncheck/deactivate Vector in your scenery library and retest.

Cheers

Doug

Hello Carlos,

welcome to the forums.

FTX Global Base is a set of replacement textures and FTX Vector is

replacement coastlines, roads, railways, rivers and waterbodies.

Neither product contains mesh or landclass which seem to be the

cause of your problem.

What add on mesh are you using?

Here are some images to illustrate what should be seen.

FTX Global only

Global_only.jpg

FTX Global and FTX Vector

no_mesh_Vector.jpg

FTX Global, FTX Vector, Fs Global 2010 mesh

Vector_and_mesh.jpg

FTX Global, FTX Vector, Fs Global 2010 mesh, Open LC North America

OLC_NA_Vector_mesh.jpg

Thanks Nick, that's a really impressive set of pictures. I still think it would be helpful - not only for the beginners - to have a new edition of the ORBX guide now outdated showing the layering and such, where your shots would fit perfectly.

Kind regards, Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings to you all and thank you for your replies and apologies for my late one.

Doug, thank you for trying the issue yourself.

Nick thank you for your pictures, they look the same in my sim but only when I get close to the volcano. I see that with Open LC North America everything imprroves a lot more. I have not installed that one yet.

I solved it this way.

First of all I had no mesh at all! Doug mentioned in another post something about mesh. So I dived the net for Costa Rica Mesh, I found one that make the volcano look as it is even at distance. Then I found this FreeMeshX Global 2.0 for the whole world which I downloaded and installed. Finally I found a photo secenery for that volvano and now I'm quite satisfied with it looks as it look like the real one :-)

59f4f9af31873_Arenal1.jpg.0a899c6bf773d8dac97e2e85f48b52b8.jpg

59f4f9d328b4f_Arenal2.jpg.ad6d175c6029a795e221f506cd19aef0.jpg

59f4f9e01b594_Arenal3.jpg.a0aa997400e8a34695edbc4f12f800a0.jpg

These are other volcanoes in my country

Turrialba.thumb.jpg.a9647f4f37d8b77971e87c6a7927d46b.jpg59f4f9f85b7e9_Rincondelavieja.thumb.jpg.aea1abbce284e7f659d5b8468886fcb7.jpgPoas.thumb.jpg.37f819892f23dd388e7644b349f16fb9.jpgIrazu.thumb.jpg.b88eaeed0cc188274751dd0de31d1ff2.jpg

Thank you all for the support

If a new ORBX guide comes out as pmb suggests let me know.

Very best,

Carlos

Archived