Preps Almost done for next Tour

tennyson

Hi Guys.

I've had a really busy year and as some of you may remember, I finished a Tour of the States, Canada and Alaska earlier in this year.

After I finished, I wanted to attend to some maintenance in the sim and I also wanted to integrate P3D V4 into the sim, as well, for the next upcoming Tour of Asia/Europe.

It's been a lot of work, amongst which, I integrated triple intercom system so Pilot, Co-Pilot and Observer now have headphones and microphones for communications. This meant a total overhaul of the sound system.

Many electrical fixes and upgrades also to the overheads, front and rear and the re-installation of my Aerosim Solutions Pedals with brand new million cycle pots. I also installed a new pot in my tiller and have it all operational now, too.

Then the real work began with V4. Three IG's all had new software installed and updated. I bought two thousand bucks worth of scenery software for the Tour and that all had to be installed and tested, as well.

So, it was nice to finally get in and crank it all up today and find that 90% of the fixes and updates worked straight out of the box. I still have tweaking and configuration of some systems, but overall, I was able to take to the air, from Launceston and did a relatively uneventful Test Flight to Sydney.

The Tour will Officially kick off on the 22nd October and my good mate, Richard from New Zealand, is making the trek to Oz for a week of continuous flying. He's in for a treat, if today is any indication of what's in store.

Here's a short video of today's Test Flight.  I'll be post video's of every leg, starting off at Russ White's magnificent YBBN and ending there, as well.

I'll update this post as we get closer and throughout the Tour.

Chocks away, Guys and Gals,

Frank

I use PFPX for planning and FS Flightcontrol to monitor and track my flight in real time. It also allows you to control weather, sim speed, failures, all aircraft functions and a whole lot more. It's a must-have in the cockpit.

It features in a bunch of my video's on my youtube site.

Frank

I've been doing lots of test flights in preparation for the upcoming Tour.

Today I flew from ENHF Hammerfest to EETN Tallin in Estonia. Unfortunately, I didn't take any footage, but I'll be videoing it when we do the thing for real in about three weeks.

My point of this post is that I was thinking it was going to be a boring flight, it was anything but. Hammerfest airport only has a small strip, so taking off with a lightly laden 737-800NG was a real challenge and after the short field take-off, I thought she was going to end up in the drink, but I did manage to wrestle her into the air.

The beautiful ice flows and mountainous terrain is gorgeous and even tho the landscape was fairly barren, it was certainly a diversion from all of the green and congested airways of Europe.

I have rex textures enhanced and soft clouds (I don't have a weather engine, as I want to preserve the fps) and the visuals are so incredibly different from my old P3D V3 version, where I couldn't afford any cloud textures, as the 32 bit app wouldn't tolerate it.

I'm pretty close to being ready to head off on the maiden flight, on the 22nd. I've still got a few niggly issues with graphics to sort and then I'm done.

As I've said before, I'll be videoing each leg, so I'll put up the url's here.

If anybody is interested, here's the kzm file of the tour.

Frank

2017 OZI Asia-Europe Tour.kmz

Archived