LOWI Approch Localizer

gaab

Hello Jarrad,

Thank you to "come back".

I continued to investigate this week-end.

First I un-installed re-installed LOWI to be sure, but with no change.

I wanted to "confirm" Little Navmap message, hence I checked with ADE. My (lack of) knowledge does not allow me to do any other action, but here is the output of ADE.

g8GLpIH.jpg

I have also checked with Plan-G3 (which shows only VFR approaches). It does not see the Localiser 08, only the 26 one.

9HMkNBb.jpg

Let me know if you need other informations.

Regards - Gérard

• 2 weeks later...

I am not familiar with the LittleNavMap, but the approach is indeed a very special one. You follow the Localizer passing the runway to a defined DME value (D4.4 to OEJ  109.7), then either follows the missed approach to RTT VOR, or, if you have identified the runway, you follow the Visual after LOC DME 08/26 procedure to runway 08 or 26.

On 15/09/2017 at 12:52 AM, Dave_YVR said:

It's just part of the Approach, my thinking is that LittleNavMap just doesn't know how to understand it. The LOC/DME Procedure West is not an instrument approach to a runway, but more of a cloud break procedure into the valley.

My last post shows that ADE also finds problems on the Approach....

Ok, I got your point !

Are you checking my flying competency ? In that case, the answer is YES, several times with the Fsx mission.

Going back to the topic : I wanted to draw the fly plan using the approach included in the ORBX airport scenery... And the various attemps I made are showing that there is an error somewhere in the approach definition.

Not a show stopper, but a nice to have fixed in a future update. :)

Cheers

I do not have Orbx LOWI nor do I have "Little Navmap", but what bothers me that it is called "Approach ILS..." To make it clear: at LOWI there is no ILS approach. Technically it is equiped like an ILS, but due to the local specialities in fact it is only used as LOC/DME. Therefore I would use official charts, to check how to fly to LOWI, because you have to combine various documents: AOI, IAC and VAC. In real world Innsbruck is a so call AR field requiring a special training.

To depict any procedure in a display or programm it needs mostly a database with points (coordinates) and sometimes an indication how to get from one point to the next (straight line, arc etc). In the FMC databases this approach is not coded as it contains a visual part, which is up to the crew and their procedures to fly. So all one can have in the database for LOWI are the RNAV procedures. And due to the lack of a proper database source I assume, that the programs mentioned cannot display the localizer approach for LOWI. The list above (LittleNavMap) is not correct as it shows an ILS approach for RWY 08 which officially is not published.

5 hours ago, LH_bus said:

The list above (LittleNavMap) is not correct as it shows an ILS approach for RWY 08 which officially is not published.

LittleNavMap is only displaying what is in the airports bgl....  The following quote is extracted from LittleNavMap documentation.

Flight simulator stock data provides only approaches and transitions. SIDs and STARs are not available. These can be added by navdata updates.

10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I know nothing of approaches but if it helps here is how the approach

panel is displayed in my copy of Little NavMap.

If you look in the Search/Procedure Tab, you will see what is displayed on my first post. Selecting an approach in that panel will dispay it in the map.

For those interested take a look here Approaches (from LittleNavMap documentation)

Gérard

18 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

That's not my point, can you fly the approach?  It's not a GPS or GPS overlay approach, so don't use the GPS. Fly it like it was meant to be flown.

Just take a look here. You get the answer : NO autopilot, only VOR's and NDB's :)

It's hot ;)

Gérard

Archived