This Sale is Killing Me (But I love it)

JohnnyJohnJohn

35 minutes ago, CPCCEO said:

I might just get an Oculus Rift later this month with Birthday coming up, as long as she doesn't catch me before then LOL

Bruce

It is awesome with P3d V4  the Oculus is on sale right now too at Best Buy for 399 with Oculus touch for their games.  That does NOT work in p3dv4 as of yet.... :)  

Tell me about it... This sale made me buy P3D v4. I've been on the X-Plane side for many years (and on FS9 before), mostly skipping the FSX and early P3D generation. Over the years I've droolingly watched ORBX, PMDG and A2A do their magic. And even though I'm still very fond of X-Plane and will be multi-simming, I'm very glad to be able to experience this new wonderful parallel reality. 20 ORBX products bought on this sale so far :D Want to make it 21, as it's my favourite number, but haven't quite decided on the last one yet:)

Just now, svilen said:

Tell me about it... This sale made me buy P3D v4. I've been on the X-Plane side for many years (and on FS9 before), mostly skipping the FSX and early P3D generation. Over the years I've droolingly watched ORBX, PMDG and A2A do their magic. And even though I'm still very fond of X-Plane and will be multi-simming, I'm very glad to be able to experience this new wonderful parallel reality. 20 ORBX products bought on this sale so far :D Want to make it 21, as it's my favourite number, but haven't quite decided on the last one yet:)

Welcome to the forum(s) and the ORBX community. I think you'll like it here.............Doug

29 minutes ago, volkira said:

Yes I've bought so much in this sale.But it sure makes flying in P3Dv4 even better.

Oh it most certainly does. I find myself liking the VR world much better than the real world with my Oculus Rift as well.   LOL

5 minutes ago, svilen said:

I am so glad they did this sale as well with P3D V4 being released.  I'm glad I got the 64 bit version as well, always stable compared to FSX.  You may want to grab an Oculus Rift for your final touch, being  the icing on the cake. I never fly without it now. :)  Its on sale for a limited time too for 399. :)  

3 minutes ago, Triplane said:

You guys need to do it like I do it.....just say to your wife..."Woman, bring me my whiskey bottle and leave me alone. I'm going to buy all the latest ORBX stuff....."

LOL.   You still want a place to live afterwards though.  :D 

2 minutes ago, Triplane said:

Welcome to the forum(s) and the ORBX community. I think you'll like it here.............Doug

Thanks! You forgot to add obsession and the addiction.  Life will never be the same.  :D Now I know why I got into Flight Simming in the first place with such a top notch developer like this.  :)B)

Well call me a lucky boy but my MRS did in fact get me an Oculus in the Summer of Rift sale and its amazing. P3D native performance however is less so. I will get Flyinside to rectify that when its reeleased for P3d V.4. PLus i have brought loads in the summer sale. lol

My partner was trying to convince me to go for addons like payware planes etc. as they will serve a more educational purpose than orbx's eye candy according to her.

I heard her, and she's right, but we all know about men and eye candy! ;) So orbx it was, I managed to convince her to make the other addons into a birthday present from her while I splash the cash on the eye candy!  :D

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:19 PM, CPCCEO said:

He says that when she is sleeping maybe :D

Bruce

I say whatever works Bruce, just hope he monitors the accounts!  LOL.

16 hours ago, Paul Rose said:

Well call me a lucky boy but my MRS did in fact get me an Oculus in the Summer of Rift sale and its amazing. P3D native performance however is less so. I will get Flyinside to rectify that when its reeleased for P3d V.4. PLus i have brought loads in the summer sale. lol

Oculus on my system is incredible, no performance hits.  One thing I discovered - sometimes after adding MANY airports it does stutter slightly. Just delete the .cfg file and you're good to go.  :)  

14 hours ago, RancidViper said:

My partner was trying to convince me to go for addons like payware planes etc. as they will serve a more educational purpose than orbx's eye candy according to her.

I heard her, and she's right, but we all know about men and eye candy! ;) So orbx it was, I managed to convince her to make the other addons into a birthday present from her while I splash the cash on the eye candy!  :D

Doesn't it make a difference? I can't get over it personally myself.  It is an amazing experience.  I also like flying over other areas than my own state all the time.  I hope Orbx does RI soon because those areas are lacking slightly.....especially around KSFZ, North Central State in Pawtucket. 

So far with this sale I've purchased Global Base, Global Vector, Global openLC North America, and Trees HD.

I also bought Region NA Southern California too soon just days before the sale and missed out on that one (smacks self). Well, Orbx still deserves the money.

Still a few days left and it is sooo tempting to keep buying ....

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:25 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

I only need 15 more and I'll have them all.  So far I bought 12 on this sale.  I can't believe how much money I saved!  Thanks JV!

I now only need 6 more for the U.S. which is where I fly basically.  After I am done with the U.S. and when I get tired of flying with the U.S. with Orbx, (Doubt I ever will) I intend to explore in Europe.  Then the fun can start all over again. LOL

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:43 AM, Jazzie said:

So far with this sale I've purchased Global Base, Global Vector, Global openLC North America, and Trees HD.

I also bought Region NA Southern California too soon just days before the sale and missed out on that one (smacks self). Well, Orbx still deserves the money.

Still a few days left and it is sooo tempting to keep buying ....

Those are the ones to grab on a sale of this magnitude!  Go for the biggies!  Smart shopper!

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:55 PM, Triplane said:

Now that I own them all I feel like an addict who's become free of a terrible burden.................................Doug

LOL.....I know what you're saying! :D 

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:28 PM, Ron Attwood said:

Don't kid yourself! The pushers are still on the street corner. <_<

Yes they are and I can't wait to see what concoctions they come up with next. B) 

12 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

Yep me too,  i'm captain at home board and i say always to my wife << Yes..! my Darling ...>>  :D

Patrick

Know the right phrases - and things will happen.  I am not married, but I understand how it works. LOL

Archived