[P3Dv4] Orbx OpenCL North America texture problem

Dark One

Hi,

I've bought the OpenCL NA this week on sale. I've been using BASE, Vector and OpenCL Europe for a good while now and I never experienced the following problem. Today on my first flight in NA I noticed the following texture problems when I was approaching San Francisco.

9zByYak.jpg

ETnCZFD.jpg

So my first reaction was to reinstall the OpenCL NA hoping it will fix the problem. Considering I'm posting here I'm pretty sure everyone reading this realizes that it didn't work. Here are some pictures flying to Oklahoma city.

zc8x395.jpg

ILii8Is.jpg

kjZuGdj.jpg

My system and sim configuration:

i7 6700k

Maximus Alpha Hero

32GB ram

Nvidia Asus Strix 1080

P3Dv4

Orbx Base

Orbx Vector

Orbx Trees HD

Orbx OpenLC Europe

Orbx OpenLC NA

Can anyone please tell me how I can fix this problem?

Regards

3 hours ago, Dark One said:

Can anyone please tell me how I can fix this problem?

Hi,

Please apply the below procedure,

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Then, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,

I have found your reply in another topic and I followed it down to the letter to no avail. I don't have any 3rd party scenery addons so the insertion points are as default. I also found a topic on how to rebuild your terrain.cfg file. Sadly it did not work.

a0IE4Hg.png

RcWGpvU.png

EDIT:

I also reinstalled ORBXLIBS. Didn't work.

Before I start nagging you guys further I'm going to do a complete re installation of ORBX because it seems that the Base is somehow conflicting with OpenCL NA. I'll start with the Base, Vectors, Trees HD, Europe and NA. If this does not resolve my problem I'll get back to you guys. Wish me luck :)

Hi there,

FYI, while on the first two screenshots it looks as if some of the ground texture blendmasks might be missing (hence too many straight edges), the other three look like the standard US farmland grid patterns to me. It always helps to cross-check in Google Earth or Bing because some landscapes that look strange in the sim are actually correct representations of the real world. 

In any case, as Doug mentions, screenshots should always include coordinates otherwise it's not possible for us to check against our own setups.

Cheers, Holger 

Well It's hard to send coordinates since 

49 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

FYI, while on the first two screenshots it looks as if some of the ground texture blendmasks might be missing (hence too many straight edges),

That's why I'm thinking reinstallation?

49 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

the other three look like the standard US farmland grid patterns to me. It always helps to cross-check in Google Earth or Bing because some landscapes that look strange in the sim are actually correct representations of the real world. 

Cheers, Holger 

They look way to ugly. They aren't blended and look conflicted. I would like to post coordinates but I have this all around Oklahoma City, Kansas City ( Large Area ).

16 hours ago, Dark One said:

Well It's hard to send coordinates since 

Hi if you press SHIFT + Z you will get on the top left corner the GPS coordinates. So when you take your screen shots we can see your cooridnates

20 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

the other three look like the standard US farmland grid patterns to me. It always helps to cross-check in Google Earth or Bing because some landscapes that look strange in the sim are actually correct representations of the real world. 

Cheers, Holger 

Actually Holder, I think you are correct. I checked the location over BING maps and it looks very similar. Considering OpenCL NA is not hand drawn it's unrealistic to expect every part to morph and connect perfectly. 

Archived