New qled 49" gaming monitor for viewing my Orbx world in P3DV4

Now my system is running Orbx sceneries in P3DV4 in amazing detail / performance on my LG34" Curved monitor...I started to want even more of that world in front of me and also my cockpit instruments larger rather than zooming in and out constantly.

So I tried a 4k 40" tv screen and although it had a slow responce time and obviously not as good as a high end monitor, it did make my flights through my Orbx sceneries far more incredible with so much more scenery showing and obviously autogen into the distance with v4 looking awesome..I did return to my LG 34" though due to the 4k tv not being as quick & picture quality still sub par to my ips monitor.

So moving on...my research has led me to this beast! the new Samsung qled curved 49" gaming monitor...this could well be what I go for next! any thoughts guys?

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/49--chg90-qled-gaming-monitor-lc49hg90dmnxza/

Take a serious look at VR. I have a 32" 4k monitor and for normal computer use it is fantastic

A friend of mine has a bigger one and for normal use you will find yourself wanting to move back from it or your head will be doing a lot of moving while using it because just trying to move your eyes is hard for both eyes to focus on something so far to the side

6 hours ago, Capt Pugwash said:

So moving on...my research has led me to this beast! the new Samsung qled curved 49" gaming monitor...this could well be what I go for next! any thoughts guys?

Honestly, I don't think this makes any sense for a flight sim next to a big 4K monitor. It's a nice width but the vertical resolution and physical height are no better than a regular (say 24") desktop monitor. You might get better performance as the pixel count is lower than 4K but otherwise I can't see the advantage.

6 hours ago, MarkH said:

Honestly, I don't think this makes any sense for a flight sim next to a big 4K monitor. It's a nice width but the vertical resolution and physical height are no better than a regular (say 24") desktop monitor. You might get better performance as the pixel count is lower than 4K but otherwise I can't see the advantage.

Tend to agree...the height looks an issue, the 4k tv gave the imersion factor in cockpit view and more visual vista of the Orbx landscape...may be the Phillips 43" is the answer for height vs width rather than 'a stretched out 49" oled letter box view'

John Dow really looks to be very close to the mark with his Phillips 40" monitor as well.

This 43" ips monitor appears to have the right screen real estate...but does it have the right specs...

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/philips-ultraclear-4k-43-inch-display,news-52906.html

9 hours ago, deepstar said:

Hi

3 x Samsung qled curved 49" gaming monitor in a TH2GO setup or Nvidia Surround setup is nice. Never going to a single monitor setup on my sim.

Would love to see a picture of that setup, must be amazing! also how does your graphics card handle it? please post image

33 minutes ago, Capt Pugwash said:

Would love to see a picture of that setup, must be amazing! also how does your graphics card handle it? please post image

Hi.

I dont have  3 x Samsung qled curved 49" gaming monitor. I have 3 x 27",  but I would just love to have those in a TH2GO or Nvidia Surround setup. 

This new LG 43" ips monitor is now looking best suited to my needs, its aspect ratio of 16:9 and resolution of 3840x2160 gives me the screen real estate of a 4k tv without the 'letter box' wide screen feel that I have on my LG34' Curve and would also have on the Samsung 49" qled. 

I really like the larger screen width & height to see more of my Orbx scenery in 4k detail, but for me I still want it to be a PC ips monitor... as a 43" 4K TV just quite can't match a 43" 4k PC Monitor on specs and performance.

http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-43UD79

25 minutes ago, Capt Pugwash said:

This new LG 43" ips monitor is now looking best suited to my needs, its aspect ratio of 16:9 and resolution of 3840x2160 gives me the screen real estate of a 4k tv without the 'letter box' wide screen feel that I have on my LG34' Curve and would also have on the Samsung 49" qled. 

I really like the larger screen width & height to see more of my Orbx scenery in 4k detail, but for me I still want it to be a PC ips monitor... as a 43" 4K TV just quite can't match a 43" 4k PC Monitor on specs and performance.

I agree Shaun, it does look very tastey, apart from... the reflective screen, which to me looks very distracting (I'm referring to the Philips) I'm also looking to rebuild my rig, so I also need to get my hands on a  big setup.

My 21:9 Ultra Wide monitor is sitting in the hall.  I replaced it with a 32" 16:9

I loved the width but I could never get used to the lack of verticle picture.  It made me feel like I was viewing the world through a slot.

Some years ago I had a triple 16:9 21" monitor setup with the monitors in portrait mode.  It gave me a 27:16 picture.  

It was great, I could see scenery above and below me without having to resort to the top-hat switch to pan.  I found it to feel more realistic than flying in landscape mode.

Dale

I have now had my 49" Samsung curved 4K tv as monitor for a year, and I am very satisfied with it and the way you feel you are flying in the landscape. I have 3860x2180 resolution.My former spec was with 3 monitors, and I was concerned when I bought the 4k tv that the refreshrate was to slow for flightsim, but it has not been an issue at all. With P3d v4 things has been even better, with higher framerate, and sharper display.

On 31.7.2017 at 9:02 PM, Capt Pugwash said:

...went with the LG 43" 4k ips pc monitor...well chuffed! 

Will try and post some pics...of LG 34" curved ips monitor vs LG 43"Flat screen 4k ips monitor...the flying experience in so much better with a larger / higher screen.

Hi

Nice. When I upgrade my hardware to P3Dv4, I will buy a BIG single UHD TV screen or a BIG single curved monitor. I have now 3 x 27" for FSX. My plan is, if I dont like 1 BIG screen UHD TV for P3Dv4, I will go for 3 x BIG monitors for P3Dv4 with TrackIR5. That BIG screen TV can I have as my TV to watch TV. I buy 3 x BIG monitors, connect it to Nvidia Surround or TH2GO, but I dont think TH2GO will support those BIG monitors, connect my TrackIR5 and away I go in Orbx land. Jo Erlend from Aerosoft updates his Norwegian airports to P3Dv4 and Orbx compatibility, so I am good to go. I like 3 x monitors.

• 1 year later...

Which Style Would be Great? for Iracing... A Simulation Game 

1) One Curved Monitor 

2)Three monitors

okay my Recent Interest is Iracing. and now i want better and better experience to play this Game

can anyone tell which would be best monitor to buy online 

PS:- i Want Cheap Yet Effective one ...:)

I gone through some blogs but bit confused yet 

One of that blog please Consider this as my preference 

https://www.bestusbpoweredmonitor.com/2019/05/16/best-monitor-for-iracing/

Archived