PeopleFlow in P3Dv4? PAJN

Jack Sawyer

Ok, so tonight I re-bought an old friend I had in FSX, the PMDG NGX.  So I went to PAJN and decided to just hand fly it around the airport and land it.  Nothing special and no crazy antics.

It works perfectly in V4 but when I parked up I saw something odd.  In the last few shots you'll see the ramp guys walking around.  Now I thought this was part of ObjectFlow or am I wrong?

I don't know but it was pretty darned cool.  Orbx everything for V4 - AS weather on - Absolute PTA preset.

T6q6rW2.jpg

Aytudec.jpg

Cb6MroL.jpg

pa1PHlP.jpg

qPtf2ba.jpg

3gZpECf.jpg

RudpxnX.jpg

du9mgiF.jpg

SntfJYy.jpg

Now watch the next few shots, these guys were walking around.  I don't know if this is supposed to be different from OF but I like it.

3JEcjNY.jpg

vDN1x2Y.jpg

wyU84lv.jpg

LhTurt4.jpg

HtHlS7N.jpg

I love the shots, but I will leave the explanation to one of the ORBX experts.  In my opinion I don't think what you seen had anything to do with ORBX, I only say that since it was the default PAJN and not the ORBX version but hell I could be wrong.  Either way love the NGX!

I might be wrong, but I think the ObjectFlow dll is used to display different scenes according to season or time of day, not to do the actual animations per se. The animations are part of the model itself. So without ObjectFlow, there would still be some animated people about, but the scene that you see will always be the same (default) one.

Jack I reported that peopleflow seems to work a while back when i saw moving people at Skaggit. The slightly enhanced one within PNW, not the payware.

It was noted by Orbx but not heard anything back. So to clarify, I believe that for some reason, a large proportion of peopleflow animations work. It is objectflow with the problem as you are well aware of I know.

13 hours ago, Sammy H said:

I love the shots, but I will leave the explanation to one of the ORBX experts.  In my opinion I don't think what you seen had anything to do with ORBX, I only say that since it was the default PAJN and not the ORBX version but hell I could be wrong.  Either way love the NGX!

Thanks Sammy, no matter, I like the animated peoples.

12 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Very nice shots Jack regards stewart

Thanks Stewart!

11 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding set of shots Jack! :)

Thank you Adam!

10 hours ago, steve40 said:

I might be wrong, but I think the ObjectFlow dll is used to display different scenes according to season or time of day, not to do the actual animations per se. The animations are part of the model itself. So without ObjectFlow, there would still be some animated people about, but the scene that you see will always be the same (default) one.

So I guess this is part of Orbx's SAK then.  Because since this is V4 I don't have Orbx's PAJN installed, yet.

9 hours ago, ruudmeij said:

A very nice set of screenshots Jack, regarding objectflow its near ending thebeta test periode as far as I know.

Cheers,

Ruud

Thanks Ruud, yes, I've been following that thread.  Good work on Orbx's part and good idea keeping it in house.

9 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Jack I reported that peopleflow seems to work a while back when i saw moving people at Skaggit. The slightly enhanced one within PNW, not the payware.

It was noted by Orbx but not heard anything back. So to clarify, I believe that for some reason, a large proportion of peopleflow animations work. It is objectflow with the problem as you are well aware of I know.

So what is the difference between PeopleFlow and ObjectFLow?  I thought the people we part of it, no matter, I like what I see.

8 hours ago, oldboy43 said:

Very nice shots Jack, thank you.

Best regards

Karoly

P.S. Freeware AP works with me in Prepar 3Dv4. Apparently something was badly installed. Reinstal helped.

Thanks Karoly, what is freeware AP, autopilot?

Archived