Just to be silly

Jack Sawyer

Okay Jack . Enough of this!!

Everyone knows that this is the newest style airbrake for the big boys and you turn it on when you want to go slower...;)

Just remember go fast NOT, go slow YES!!

PS -- a fantastic series :D

1 hour ago, fly37 said:

Only You can do that Jack!

Thanks Gianni, I knew you'd like my unique style of "flying". :D

53 minutes ago, renault said:

Okay Jack . Enough of this!!

Everyone knows that this is the newest style airbrake for the big boys and you turn it on when you want to go slower...;)

Just remember go fast NOT, go slow YES!!

PS -- a fantastic series :D

Well......um.....yeah, it is a good idea for a airbrake.  But I used to change these things, they're very fragile, you should see what an innocent bird can do to one.  Shreds it like it's cabbage.

Thanks Renault.  I only did this as a test just to see if I could.  It wasn't easy because PMDG designed it so you couldn't but I basically forced it.  I was even gonna slew it if I had to.  :P

1 minute ago, olderndirt said:

The equivalent of a seaplane takeoff with the water rudders down - you are being watched.

I laughed out loud when you said I was being watched OnD!  I know it's silly, I really do, it was just a test to see if I could do it, but yeah, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it.

I feel sheepish now.  :o

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

I laughed out loud when you said I was being watched OnD!  I know it's silly, I really do, it was just a test to see if I could do it, but yeah, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it.

I feel sheepish now.  :o

I'd be interested in seeing the pull through from that and how big a crater you make :).

6 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

I'd be interested in seeing the pull through from that and how big a crater you make :).

I pulled out and could have landed.  I was low on fuel.  This plane, to me anyway hand flys as easily as a 182.  I'm sure it would make a big, humungous crater though.

Just now, olderndirt said:

I'd always heard Boeing uses the best super glue - this just confirms it. 

You should see how we create and repair composites, we have an autoclave that can hold an entire vertical stab of a 767.

Today's composites are incredibly strong, as long as there's no cracks or delaminations.

Look at what NASA does with the "vomit comet", that plane is punished day in and day out.  Did you know they filmed all the zero G scenes of Apollo 13 the movie in the vomit comet?

Just now, olderndirt said:

Starting to notice some of that as I approach decade eight. 

Gosh OnD, I hope I make it that long.  With this stupid heart problem I have it could cancel Christmas at any time.

My uncle on Cape Cod is 86 and he's as spry as a teenager.  He still shovels snow!  

But I laughed at your noticing cracks, I see it too at my "young" age of newly minted 58 last Friday.

But at least I can escape into my Walter Mitty fantasies of flying again unfettered over my lovely Orbx-land.

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Gosh OnD, I hope I make it that long.  With this stupid heart problem I have it could cancel Christmas at any time.

My uncle on Cape Cod is 86 and he's as spry as a teenager.  He still shovels snow!  

But I laughed at your noticing cracks, I see it too at my "young" age of newly minted 58 last Friday.

But at least I can escape into my Walter Mitty fantasies of flying again unfettered over my lovely Orbx-land.

Back in '98, at age 60, had a quintuple bypass.  Worked a charm but stable angina has returned so my moves have become more considered. 

Well Jack  you have really  gone and blown it now what ever will you do next trust you to go upside down you said it  Who would be dumb enough to do this?  Jack.

so you went to Athens I am glad I was not there when you where there ,

I like you screen shots Jack catch you later regards stewart 

Hi Jack,

You should be glad that this isn't a A2A plane because I know for sure you wouldn't get far at all with a very high cost on maintenance also and the probability that you are grounded forever.

Cheers,

Ruud

I believe that this is the most advanced air conditioning method for freightliners yet developed and will completely solve the stale air problem which is currently a topic of concern especially when transporting livestock around the world. Unsure about the benefits of inverted flight for the livestock though. :)

6 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Well Jack  you have really  gone and blown it now what ever will you do next trust you to go upside down you said it  Who would be dumb enough to do this?  Jack.

so you went to Athens I am glad I was not there when you where there ,

I like you screen shots Jack catch you later regards stewart 

Thanks Stewart, it was a......test, yeah, a um, test...:P

5 hours ago, ruudmeij said:

Hi Jack,

You should be glad that this isn't a A2A plane because I know for sure you wouldn't get far at all with a very high cost on maintenance also and the probability that you are grounded forever.

Cheers,

Ruud

Hi Ruud, I've done it with the Connie to push the limit, the career screen even said I had been arrested and thrown in jail!

5 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

I believe that this is the most advanced air conditioning method for freightliners yet developed and will completely solve the stale air problem which is currently a topic of concern especially when transporting livestock around the world. Unsure about the benefits of inverted flight for the livestock though. :)

Now here's a very good, cogent and salient point JJ!  We could always place the livestock on a gimbal so they'll always be upright.  Kind of like what Bob Hoover did with his coffee.

Archived