Rather Wait For Object Flow Update

simdown42

Hi 

I see some freeware is being released for P3Dv4 without the Object Flow fix. Although it's taking a while I for one would rather wait  for the update to be completed before releasing payware airports. There are too many things that will be missing or look out of place. I will be patient.

Thanks

Cheers

simdown42

The payware airports won't be unleashed untill "Object Flow" is ready. Your concerns are groundless. If you read Ed's announcment post on the release page of this forum, he states this. :)

Groundless, apart from the bit that says:

"We will be gauging the feedback to this move as we explore if to do the same for the payware airports."

The easiest solution if you'd rather wait is not install them until O/F is ready.  They'll just sit in Central teasing you until you're good to go.  :P

I highly disagree. Think they should release the payware stuff in the same condition as the freeware, with the stipulation that you might run into problems of course, then it's up to each man to decide if he can live with it. If you'd rather wait, then it's as simple as not downloading them yet :)

6 hours ago, simdown42 said:

Hi 

I see some freeware is being released for P3Dv4 without the Object Flow fix. Although it's taking a while I for one would rather wait  for the update to be completed before releasing payware airports. There are too many things that will be missing or look out of place. I will be patient.

Thanks

Cheers

simdown42

+1

If they release them without ObjectFlow, you can personally make the choice whether to install them or not.

If they don't release them at all, the choice is already made for you.

Either way, if you don't want to use them you always have that option...

Personally I'll just wait, fwiw. A bit frustrated that the development has dragged out like this, but I'm still happy with P3D v3 for now and will make the jump to v4 when I can actually have a complete sim experience, including airports...

I'm not only happy to install without ObjectFlow, but i'm happy to report back with any finding to Orbx. What i'd really love is for Orbx to release an Open Beta of Objectflow for us to check and report back on if need be. Maybe it would speed up any fault finding and involve this community some more. I'm sure they would have plenty of takers and they have nothing to lose!

It has only been month since V4 was released,V3 works just fine with all the ORBX airports and  I enjoy them everyday.........

Patience everyone, they will be done when they are done ...

Just my opinion...

Rick

5 hours ago, Sethos said:

I highly disagree. Think they should release the payware stuff in the same condition as the freeware, with the stipulation that you might run into problems of course, then it's up to each man to decide if he can live with it. If you'd rather wait, then it's as simple as not downloading them yet :)

And how many people will simply overlook the condition that they are released as is and won't work fully until objectflow is ready? 

It will just create more support issues, having to deal with people who either weren't paying attention or simply missed the anouncement.

Personally am just happy to have bricks and mortar / tarmac in the sim, objectflow etc is a nice to have for immersion, but I do nearly all my flying between my ORBX airports with small GA and am just keen to have them back. So I say release without objectflow and then update later please.

As others have said, if you dont want to run them, you dont have to, but no sense depriving others who are happy to run without the flows of the opportunity. This is of course assuming that releasing the non-flow bricks and tarmac is relatively easy.

6 minutes ago, KVSandleben said:

And how many people will simply overlook the condition that they are released as is and won't work fully until objectflow is ready? 

It will just create more support issues, having to deal with people who either weren't paying attention or simply missed the anouncement.

And what concern are support issues to you? Do you work for OrbX support? They themselves are looking for feedback on whether to release them or not, thus they must have taken the outcome of it into account. If someone brings up an issue, just a simple matter of linking them to the appropriate thread with the announcement and usage warning. 

Thank you all for sharing your points of view. Before OF is ready, you can take advantage of this moment to explore the new abilities of the v4.

• Guest locked this topic

Archived