FTX GLOBAL Base Pack not working

Hello I just purchased FTX Global Base Pack about an hour or so ago, and after working with it and trying to tweak it I am not really noticing any differences for p3d v4, I was wondering if I could get a refund for this purchase considering I am not able to use the product, and I will just roll with the default scenery on the ground for the time being. 

I appreciate whoever responds and helps me through this issue, as i don't want to be out of valuable money for a product that isn't working for me.

This essentially tells me to do what i've already done, and i'm not pleased with the product. If I believed it was on my end I wouldn't have spent the time to get onto the forums and research how to try and receive my money back. I do appreciate the response, but i've already went through the installer and everything with that end. 

For sure, there is no negativity coming from my end, sorry if it came off that way. I'm just saying that I followed the installer, let the software install and I just don't see any improvement. $75 is a lot of money, and I value my money as any customer would. It's not like I am attempting to get over on anyone or speaking bad about ORBX. You guys are a great company, this product just isn't working out for me.

Is there a way to take a screenshot inside p3d? I've tried googling how to take a screenshot on windows and the CTRL+PRINT SC button did not work. I can't believe the support request is this difficult around here. Wish I did some research before purchasing now.

Well you took a shot and uploaded it and that's good, now all you have to do is in-sim, press Shift Z and that will show the coordinates in red at the upper left, then take the screenshot by pressing the V key.  You're getting there and I'm sure Richard will have you all straightened out in no time.  Hang in there.

Good, well, I just checked at the home page and it shows Nick and Richard are offline.  Nick is in the UK so he may be asleep, Richard's photo shows him to be in Australia so he could be back on at any time.  Please be patient and it will be fine.  Did you follow Nick's advice and look at that link he provided?

3 minutes ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Also what slider settings do you have? I am awake Jack! Lol, 10.52 am here mate.

Hi Richard, sorry mate, I didn't see you as being online.  I'm sure you can help this fellow, good luck Philliesgreat, welcome to Orbx and enjoy the scenery as soon as you get it resolved.

I meant Nick might be asleep as he's in the UK.  My little iMac clocks show Australia as being almost 11:00 am local.

Looks exactly how it should, i've done my background research on the product watched plenty of videos and stuff on it. So i know how the scenery should look, and mine surely isn't what it is. Why I just want my $75 back so we can just all move on. I usually never come to forums unless it's a last resort for myself and i've worked through every option I can.

Negative this was the addon that I got once i got p3d v4, was one that was reccomended. My PC is fine and the simulator is default so idk how something that is a fresh install would have an issue. I have no issues running any other games which are much more graphically demanding than a flight sim. To be fair I think the product just didn't live up to the hype and the screenshots and you guys should just own up to it, sometimes it happens. As i said you guys as a company are great and produce great stuff from what I read.

My sim is fine, as i said it's a brand new install. With your guys product as the first add on installed. That leads me to believe its on your product. I don't understand why this is so difficult with you guys. As for my specs you saw my GPU in the one photo linked here. I have the same processor as you the 4790k, no OC though just stock 4.0. What else would you like to know? I have 8gb of ram.

Hi,

It is not difficult at all thanks, I am trying to help you, as stated previously, there is nothing wrong with FTX Global, Orbx does not ship faulty products. Maybe turning your Texture Resolution down to match your Graphics Card to at least Medium will help

0nnwDaw.jpg

zT1WGou.jpg

aS2ObL8.jpg

VMTyQMm.jpg

What is wrong is the product isn't producing, and you just dish the blame off onto my PC or my sim. Is there any higher up in the company I can go? Because this is just running in circles, and although you've attempted to help and I appreciate that, you seem to not know when to let go and use customer service. As someone who's been in the business of customer service at times you take a loss, and you've just got to accept that. This is going nowhere though, because i've tried everything you're throwing out to no avail.

It does appear that you have the Global textures installed.

By way of comparison:

Default P3Dv4

2017-7-8_12-58-21-830.jpg

P3Dv4 with Global and Orbxlibs only - default graphic settings

2017-7-8_13-33-9-327.jpg

P3Dv4 with Global and Orbxlibs only -  graphic settings increased

2017-7-8_13-36-19-832.jpg

Settings applied in last screenshot

Capture.JPG

Bear in mind that many screenshots/videos that you may see contain further enhancements such as Vector, TreesHD and openLC. But comparing my first and last screen there is a huge improvement with just the texture replacement.

Sorry but there will be no refund as the product is not faulty. Suggest you explore other parts of the world with the settings as suggested by me and you will see the difference (given that you have explored Default FSX/P3D prior).

Archived