Yenda Yellowtail

P3D v4 - Orbx Global, Australia, Trees, etc, AS weather on.  A2A Cherokee

So last night I bought a bottle of Australian Yellowtail Merlot wine.  I was curious where it was produced, Yenda in NSW.  So I wanted to see what I could see in the sim after reading an interesting Wiki article on this small town.  It sounds like a nice place to live.

l564BC7.jpg

w6Ui1rf.jpg

ArizsLb.jpg

ubwViYT.jpg

Jcy1vZR.jpg

nj9Gkg9.jpg

Pity about the weather Jack, if you get a chance to try a Mudgee wine, go for it, if not try flying in the Mudgee valley, the name is an Aboriginal word meaning "Nest in the hills", 1500ft above sea level. Lived there for 15 years and flew many dusk flights, one of the prettiest parts of Australia.

Just now, Ken Hall said:

Pity about the weather Jack, if you get a chance to try a Mudgee wine, go for it, if not try flying in the Mudgee valley, the name is an Aboriginal word meaning "Nest in the hills", 1500ft above sea level. Lived there for 15 years and flew many dusk flights, one of the prettiest parts of Australia.

Thanks for the wine advice, is it sweet?  I like Merlot because it's not sweet.  And where is the Mudgee valley? Near Yenda?

I like how this entire area in real life is nothing but vineyards, must be a nice quiet pastoral life.

Open up Google Earth and type in "Mudgee".

I totally agree with Ken. I grew in the Rylstone/Kandos area which is about 45 minutes East of Mudgee. I remember the many swimming carnivals I attended in Mudgee. I also attended the Technical College there when I was doing my apprenticeship. Mudgee in prior to the late 60s was a major apple growing area with apple orchards spread out alongside the highway. The first wineries appeared near the Mudgee airport in about 1966.

During our lunch breaks at the technical college we would often see the midday Airlines of New South Wales coming in to land at the airport. This flight was originally a DC-3 but in late '66 was replaced by an F-27. Years later I became friends with a fellow flight simmer, Bill Bray who retired as an airbus pilot with Ansett. He told me that more than likely he was the co-pilot, later pilot of these aircraft.

2 hours ago, Pat Cox (Aussieman) said:

Open up Google Earth and type in "Mudgee".

I totally agree with Ken. I grew in the Rylstone/Kandos area which is about 45 minutes East of Mudgee. I remember the many swimming carnivals I attended in Mudgee. I also attended the Technical College there when I was doing my apprenticeship. Mudgee in prior to the late 60s was a major apple growing area with apple orchards spread out alongside the highway. The first wineries appeared near the Mudgee airport in about 1966.

During our lunch breaks at the technical college we would often see the midday Airlines of New South Wales coming in to land at the airport. This flight was originally a DC-3 but in late '66 was replaced by an F-27. Years later I became friends with a fellow flight simmer, Bill Bray who retired as an airbus pilot with Ansett. He told me that more than likely he was the co-pilot, later pilot of these aircraft.

Hi Pat, that sounds like you had a blast back then!  That's a cool story about your friend Bill, imagine you had been seeing them and he was the pilot.  I love stories like this.  And that area sounds like a beautiful place to live.  I'm gonna look up Mudgee right now.

Just looked it up, wow, very nice!  I like that church with the clock tower near it.  And the mountains in the distance are beautiful.  I didn't know it was close to Sydney.  Since I don't live there I'm learning as I go and there's always something to learn about Australia.  Thanks.

10 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding shots from Australia Jack! :)  Go easy on that wine now. :D

Thanks Adam!  Yeah, it's a very different Merlot compared to the Italian Merlot I usually buy.  But they rearranged the grocery shelves and I was looking for a Merlot, saw this and thought why not?  My friends recommended it and it's quite good.  But no more than one glass for me, ever.  I don't like hangovers! :o

8 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing set these Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

7 hours ago, ruudmeij said:

Another very nice set of shots Jack.

Cheers,

Ruud

Thank you Ruud!

Archived