Impunity Airlines

andy1252

Just got my R66 upgrade from Alabeo, and went for a trip out from LAX in v4. No way could I do this in v3 for any length of time, and I've now also got FSDT's LAX in the mix as well (but I kept it out of the shots, hopefully). This is going to be (already is) so much fun -

UVd0l8Y.jpg

cY0TGnh.jpg

And while I was getting my R66 back, I bought their Tri-Pacer as well, as the Lionheart one doesn't see to want to play nice in V4. Off to the Bay Area in that next, and again, I would never be able to do this in v3

m1AG6yO.jpg

SP1opNz.jpg

pxcPe1d.jpg

I can fly anywhere I like now, with impunity (and that's when I figured that would be a great name for my airline - I can see the posters now  - "Fly with Impunity!") All shots 4k, sliders maxxed.

Nice shots Andy, your PC must be a supercomputer to be in that area with all sliders maxed.  What about shadows?  Were they all ticked because I noticed with all of them ticked it causes a hinge FPS hit.

Were your fans screaming at you?

Strange you say that about the LHC Tri-Pacer as I have mine working nicely. The only problem is I don't have any click sounds on the switches. LHC have been notified of this problem and it is being worked on.

In fact I have 99% of my LHC aircraft working in V4 though without the click sounds.

37 minutes ago, Pat Cox (Aussieman) said:

Strange you say that about the LHC Tri-Pacer as I have mine working nicely. The only problem is I don't have any click sounds on the switches. LHC have been notified of this problem and it is being worked on.

In fact I have 99% of my LHC aircraft working in V4 though without the click sounds.

The same you had in v3.4 or are update to v4?  .. ask because I have few LHC me too

9 hours ago, fly37 said:

The same you had in v3.4 or are update to v4?  .. ask because I have few LHC me too

I had them in P3D V3.4 and just installed them into V4. Not updated as yet but the developer is working on updates.

56 minutes ago, Pat Cox (Aussieman) said:

I had them in P3D V3.4 and just installed them into V4. Not updated as yet but the developer is working on updates.

Thanks... I will try

Thanks for looking, folks. I'd worried at first about all the aircraft that weren't working in v4 but a lot of them turned out to be ok after all, and Alabeo are certainly pushing the updates out nice and quickly. Pretty much the case that none of the tin tubes I have (apart from the real simple ones) are good for v4 but I'm sure something will come along (I'm not that interested that I want to pay QOTS type prices), and my normal faves are getting there.

11 hours ago, Pat Cox (Aussieman) said:

Strange you say that about the LHC Tri-Pacer as I have mine working nicely.

That's an odd one, Pat. It's not even showing up in the vehicles list on my system. But I've had this problem (not showing up) even in v3 with a couple of LHC aircraft. In one case I got round it by removing one of the definitions in the aircraft.cfg file. Shouldn't have made any difference as I couldn't see anything wrong with the entry concerned but hey . . So I'll probably get in there with the Tri-Pacer and see if the same sort of thing occurs. I lost a couple of other LHC ones in v4 the same way, but I also have a couple that work fine. Haven't really started to deal with it yet, just made one pass through the hangar trying a basic load/fly test. I'm not actually installing aircraft into v4 unless they come with native installers, I've been using my hangar approach (keep all the aircraft in a separate folder and copy them into the \simobjects\airplanes when I want to use them) which means I've got my v4 gauges and effects folders concatenated with my v3 folders via simobjects.cfg. Not the approved method I know, but I didn't want to install stuff on a test basis and then not be able to remove any bad junk it might bring in to v4.

9 hours ago, olderndirt said:

lock your setup on that and keep flying.

Pretty much my current plan! (apart from getting AS and REX type stuff on there as it comes along)

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What about shadows?

Hi Jack - I just checked and I've got shadows at "high" (one notch down from max) and everything ticked apart from the "no shadow flagged content". Not sure why I reduced that, might have had a reason or might have just been experimenting. My PTA settings are the "thopat" settings from v3. Last time I looked there wasn't a v4 version yet. I may play with them at some point but for now they mostly give me what I like to look at.

And now, off to download a few more Alabeo updates - whoo-hoo!

5 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Jack - I just checked and I've got shadows at "high" (one notch down from max) and everything ticked apart from the "no shadow flagged content". Not sure why I reduced that, might have had a reason or might have just been experimenting. My PTA settings are the "thopat" settings from v3. Last time I looked there wasn't a v4 version yet. I may play with them at some point but for now they mostly give me what I like to look at.

I have the newest thophat, just downloaded it from the other site.  Haven't had a chance to try it.  On my iMac they look kind of dark but others with it look different, maybe they tweaked theirs a little?  I'll have to wait and see what mine will look like when I run it.  Wish there was some kind of guide or a YT tutorial that explains this.

Archived