V4 first shots

Well, it needs the Orbx treatment.  I need to set up my controls and a LOT of other stuff but this sim is as smooth as silk, not one stutter. I know this will probably change in the future.  60+ frames.

Just took off from KATL.  No yellow, no inverted, and boy do I look forward to Orb being installed!

rgaZTn5.jpg

dFqqXvs.jpg

6 minutes ago, skydivemayday said:

What are your system specs?

Jetline Hellfire GT2 PC

Win 7 Pro 64

CM Storm Scout II Advanced case

ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Pro, Intel LGA 1150 mobo

i7 4790 Quad Core 4.66 GHz

Corsair Hydro H80i Liquid Cooling

8 GB Trident X DDR3 SDRAM 2133 MHz

NVIDIA GTX980 8 GB

500 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD

500 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD

500 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Creative Sound Blaster Z SBX 

Integrated High Speed Network 10/100/1000

802.11n WiFi card

750 Watt Corsair RM Power Supply

20x DVD/CD Burner

Creative A250 3-Piece Speaker System

Saitek PZ44 Yoke & throttle - Yoke driver

Saitek PZ35 Pro Flight Rudder Pedals can't use driver

Samsung S27A550H Monitor

Buttkicker Gamer 2

Orb Weaver

49 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, it needs the Orbx treatment

and a whole lot more, PTA, re-shade,weather add ons, when you see it vanilla makes you realize just how much 3rd party developers have contributed. never fear Help is on the way

3 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

and a whole lot more, PTA, re-shade,weather add ons, when you see it vanilla makes you realize just how much 3rd party developers have contributed. never fear Help is on the way

Well said Ken!  I can't wait too.

I'll add to Jack's findings - all sliders maxed - I am getting like 50-80 FPS with  Anisotropic 16X, 8XSSAA and Ultra 4096X4096 (I'll likely turn these down a bit in reference to future ORBX installs) so far - visibly impressed. 

1) Dino Cataneo's F35 loads, as does the Tomcat have not yet tried the T45

2) Unfortunately Hover Control Helicopters loads, but the cockpit is all flawed (no nose piece on cabin)

So much work to do to get all planes checked - and write to authors to see if they will address

2017-5-30_20-38-37-871.png

2017-5-30_20-19-33-541.png

2017-5-30_20-14-46-324.png

Have fun everybody.

5 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Jack

What are the main differences between v3.4 & v4 that you have noticed so far??

TTM

Extremely smooth, not one stutter, but this is pure vanilla.

I haven't changed one setting yet.

The installer will auto-detect your hardware and set the settings as it sees fit.

I'm just collecting all the settings right now from P3D to match them in V4.

Haven't had much time to play with it.

Also, beware, some hardware needs to have a setting changed, there's a huge thread on it at P3D and what happens is what happened to me.

I installed V4 and it would not run.

Did some digging on their forum and found it was my Orb Weaver.

Made a settings changer per the P3D engineer's advice and now we're all happy.

I can't wait to get my Orbx stuff in it though.

3 minutes ago, GregJ said:

I'll add to Jack's findings - all sliders maxed - I am getting like 50-80 FPS with  Anisotropic 16X, 8XSSAA and Ultra 4096X4096 (I'll likely turn these down a bit in reference to future ORBX installs) so far - visibly impressed. 

1) Dino Cataneo's F35 loads, as does the Tomcat have not yet tried the T45

2) Unfortunately Hover Control Helicopters loads, but the cockpit is all flawed (no nose piece on cabin)

So much work to do to get all planes checked - and write to authors to see if they will address

2017-5-30_20-38-37-871.png

2017-5-30_20-19-33-541.png

2017-5-30_20-14-46-324.png

Have fun everybody.

Greg, how did you get those planes in?  Do they have V4 installers?

I just opened the Sim object folder they come in and copied to P3D4's folder...you have to provide admin rights to it first, and then did same for effects folder!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, GregJ said:

I just opened the Sim object folder they come in and copied to P3D4's folder...you have to provide admin rights to it first, and then did same for effects folder!

Thanks Greg, how do I provide admin rights?  Just right click it and then what?

Just now, GregJ said:

Yup right click... it'll ask you something or another, sorry not in front of computer, but straightforward.

Thanks Greg, I'll try it.  Not adding planes, but the admin rights.

Looks and sounds good, guys!

I'm hoping this is the sim that lets me enjoy Orbxland again, and with a new GPU too (for anyone wondering If I'd been kidnapped etc., I had a little sultry love affair with XP11 due to P3D performance issues on my rig (and to be honest I do love XP11 + Ortho4XP) - but I'm installing P3D v4 as we speak! :)

Hope to be back in the screenshot forums using all my goodies soon - I'm going to be like Hugh Heffner, except with a gorgeous sim on each arm (or something? ;))

Steve

13 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John but what's GenPop? :mellow:

It is a prison term or slang term for General Population . Meaning us Non OrbX team members in the forum . :):)

John

6 hours ago, BradB said:

It is a prison term or slang term for General Population . Meaning us Non OrbX team members in the forum . :):)

John

Thanks John, I never heard that before.  Learned some new slang today!  But prison?  Yikes! 

Great shots, Jack. Once everything ORBX etc is installed and you want to max out all sliders, you may want to consider upgrading from 8GB of RAM to 16GB.

It's also good to know that the Dino Cataneo Tomcat works in v4. I wonder how this is possible, but it lets me hope that some other freeware planes might work too

15 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Couldn't agree more, Ken. I've installed v4, and will have a play with it, but I feel like I've dropped back almost to my first FSX setup - it looks pretty awful to my eyes and I don't feel much inclination to go flying in it. I know it will be a huge improvement once I can start putting the icing on the cake, but it is a salutary reminder of just how good the ORBX products are. I knew that anyway, but it is a shock to see a bare P3D system again.

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Great shots, Jack. Once everything ORBX etc is installed and you want to max out all sliders, you may want to consider upgrading from 8GB of RAM to 16GB.

It's also good to know that the Dino Cataneo Tomcat works in v4. I wonder how this is possible, but it lets me hope that some other freeware planes might work too

Thanks Bernd, from now on until Orbx is in V4 all my screens will be 3.4.

Good questions, with my 8GB I'll be limited till this fall when I can get a PC overhaul.

But one thing's for sure, after Orbx and my PMDG 747 and A2A planes, no more VAS OOM's! HooRay!!

2 hours ago, stewart1 said:

nice shots Jack will not be long till we get orbx  scenery  regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, patiently waiting, I'd rather Mr. JV and his team get it right, and I know they will.

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

Couldn't agree more, Ken. I've installed v4, and will have a play with it, but I feel like I've dropped back almost to my first FSX setup - it looks pretty awful to my eyes and I don't feel much inclination to go flying in it. I know it will be a huge improvement once I can start putting the icing on the cake, but it is a salutary reminder of just how good the ORBX products are. I knew that anyway, but it is a shock to see a bare P3D system again.

I agree Andy, it was quite a shock to me too.  But it is very smooth.  Although when it's up to 3.4's speed it'll be pretty darned near perfect.  It took a long time to get y 3.4 to where it is and I reckon it'll take some time for V4 to be where 3.4 is now.  But goodbye OOM.

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John, I never heard that before.  Learned some new slang today!  But prison?  Yikes! 

Yes , I did a stretch in GenPop after being convicted of running X-Plane on my computer . Lesson learned !! .

John

Archived