VECTOR_EXX Folder

Can please somebody explain exactly the function of the Vector-EXX folder.

What does this folder exclude? What happen when it is enabled, what happen when it is disabled?

Thanks in advance for every explanation.

Regards, Heinz

I have one NIck:)

By "features" do you know what exact features we are referring to? If disabling EXX overrides Vector features is it similar to disabling Vector i.e. no Vector features at all like coastlines, roads, waterways etc?

Hello,

The Vector exx files exclude everything, that is they stop all the vector features from working.

They add nothing but leave the space clear for the rest of the Vector files to place

everything correctly.

These three pictures should illustrate what happens.

All Vector scenery library entries active, Vector working as it should.

2017-5-1_11-45-17-786.jpg

All Vector scenery library entries disabled, Vector disabled, default coastline, rivers etc, .

2017-5-1_11-47-5-427.jpg

Finally, this is with only the VECTOR_EXX files' scenery library entry active, all other Vector scenery library entries disabled.

Every Vector feature has been excluded, no coast, no rivers etc

2017-5-1_11-48-57-583.jpg

Interestingly, this and another topic showed me that my installation was also broken.

After re-installing FTX Global Base, it looks quite different.

I expect that one of the many errors that I try to replicate had stuck.:)

2017-5-1_13-12-8-132.jpg

2017-5-1_13-13-53-381.jpg

2017-5-1_13-15-33-491.jpg

Hello Nick

You are right, there is a reason for my questions.

I have a thrid-party add-on installed for the Vieques Airport (TJVQ).

With Vector enabled, the water looks not correct (see picture below).

Vieques.jpg

When I disable the 3025_WTR_Warterbodies.bgl in the VECTOR_CVX\scenery folder and the 3025_EXX_Excludes.bgl in the VECTOR_EXX\scenery folder the water looks right, but then I have other problems (roads in the water) in British Virgin Islands near Roadtown (TUPJ).

When I enable again the two bgl.s the road problem near TUPJ no longer exists, but then the water problem in Vieques is back again.

So I try to understand the interaction between the different folders in VECTOR.

Heinz  

Hi there,

the exclude files in the EXX folder are of the type "exclude all", which means they do indeed exclude all vector and polygon data in their coverage area.

The files in the CVX folder then rebuild those excluded elements with the more accurate and detailed Vector data. As can be seen by the file names in that folder, these files are split into separate components: waterbodies, different road types, golf courses, etc. Thus, if you know the xxyy code for your area of interest (like the 3025 you mention), you can experiment with manually deactivating files that interfere with your third-party add-on. Mind you, each of those numbered sections span about 20km by 20km so that's the smallest area you can work on without getting into creating local excludes or replacements of your own with design tools like SBuilderX or ADE.

FYI, the AEC folder contains the elevation adjustment files for those airports that Vector changes the default altitude of; the APT folder contains the airport background polygons -- grass or dirt -- for all default airports (since the EXX files exclude those as well); and the OBJ folder contains all of Vector's 3D object files, such as bridges, tunnel portals, traffic lights, etc.

Cheers, Holger

Holger,

Do you happen to know offhand why the FTX Vector Configurator setting "small rivers and streams" works for Canada but not the USA? I thought that I was missing something with the recent Vector updates (now 1.51), but I opened the 2915  waterbody and waterline files with tmfviewer (Northern Maine and adjacent southern Canada) and the small rivers and streams are definitely missing. Is this scheduled for a future update?

Vecxtor Waterbodies tmfviewer.jpg

Hi Holger

Thank you very much for your explanations. Now I have a better understanding, how Vector folders work together.

But at the moment I don't see a solution to resolve my problem, either I have to accept the wrong water presentation in Vieques or the road problem in the Virgin Islands.

The solution could bee, that the creator of the Vieques add-on (SXAD) adapts his airport to the Vector files, but I have my doubts, that he will do this.

Heinz

Archived