Quick VR test result: LOWI Aerofly FS 2

OK I have the sim set with all sliders maxxed, including insane shadows, flying C172, running at 4K resolution.

I am pretty much locked at 120fps, sometimes dipping to 107 during flight; this is in the general airport /city area. Out of town it skyrockets to 200fps+

In VR using Oculus Rift both windows are locked at 45fps (perfect score!) - see the FPS counter in the screenshot below; the maximum for Oculus is 45fps per side.

bRq8.jpg

You have to experience LOWI in VR on Aerofly to believe it, nothing comes close to the smoothness and sense of being there.

37 minutes ago, John Venema said:

You have to experience LOWI in VR on Aerofly to believe it, nothing comes close to the smoothness and sense of being there.

Beautiful. Seems like this scenery may inspire my leap in to Aerofly. I hope our trusted third-party cloud developers are interested in adding to Aerofly as well. LOWI deserves a prettier sky.

2 hours ago, zazaboeing said:

How do they look and fly like?

They look alright, but the flight characteristics leave me wishing for more realism. Also, there are barely any settings you can make. The first time you start it, it feels like an arcade-type game interface. But I'm sure they're working on that.

For the time being, I use Aerofly FS 2 as a pure entertainment simulator in VR. The frame rate it can achieve is insane, whilst looking amazing. As much as I would love to fly a PMDG 737 in P3D in VR, the frame rate just doesn't allow me to enjoy the experience for long. Visble stutters occur and nausea is bound to kick in after about 10 minutes for me at least. I don't get that with the solid 90 fps Aerofly can deliver to the rift and have no problem flying for an hour or two and enjoying true immersion.

Hence I'm really looking forward to LOWI in Aerofly FS 2 which should work great with the Switzerland DLC.

On 2017-4-29 at 4:40 AM, zazaboeing said:

I'm really starting to consider buying AF2 after all that Jarrad s pics, what was thaaat?! 

My main question now is how are the airplanes like? Only default right? How do they look and fly like?

The aircraft look amazing!  The modelling inside and out is superb.

The thing that is lacking is full systems functionality, but hopefully sometime in the near future that will change.  They already have basic systems such as VOR capability, autopilot, some lighting and system switches, but there is much room for improvement.  The 3D modelling of the default aircraft is amazing though.

I would recommend this sim even if ORBX weren't involved in improving it.

Innsbruck is in Austria not Switzerland.

Quote:"...Hence I'm really looking forward to LOWI in Aerofly FS 2 which should work great with the Switzerland DLC."

For me the biggest problem is the computer

you need for the Rift. One has to spend 

1500 Euro to enjoy it.

1 hour ago, fly2012 said:

Innsbruck is in Austria not Switzerland.

Quote:"...Hence I'm really looking forward to LOWI in Aerofly FS 2 which should work great with the Switzerland DLC."

I believe what was being said was that the closeness of Innsbruck to the boundaries of the Aerofly FS 2 Switzerland scenery would allow easy flights between them.

Nowadays I fly almost exclusively in VR (Oculus), and more and more AF2 is my platform of choice.  Cannot wait to experience the first payware from Orbx on this sim!

I think VR and AF2 have the most potential for explosive growth in the years to come.

As the guy from Futurama says, "Just shut up and take my money!" 

Flying AF2 in VR in their Swiss scenery is already a real treat. Adding Orbx touches to a similar Alpine experience will be orgasmic. 

Archived