KSAN question

elmucki

Quick question regarding KSAN (could apply to others?) So, as an example, i noticed KSAN BGLs exist in the \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY folder and of course in the KSAN scenery folder (by ORBX). Now, with FSDT KLAS (for example) we had to turn off the BGLs in the SCA scenery folder (double AFCAD issue, right?).

So my question is this, why are both KSAN BGLs active (from the KSAN folder and SCA Scenery folder)? And with both being used, is that in issue?

Thanks

If that is the case, there must be a problem with your installation or the

way your are using it.

The airport control panel is designed to prevent there being duplicates

and here that is what it does.

Note that it does not make the changes until it is closed.

i am aware of that. i uninstalled openLC NA and KSAN. Installed them again one by one. Same issue. I still see two AFCADS active (no .off). i turned the openLC NA off and the duplicate signs went away at KSAN.

i have both (OpenLC NA and SCA). I see the bgl.off in your picture. However, with mine in SCA mode i have to .off manually. Also, when i am in SCA mode, i dont see the Harbor the same way i would in OpenLC mode. Your right screenshot matches mine, just the left side does not. I am going to try and uninstall OpenLC NA and SCA and KSAN and reinstall one by one and report back tonight.

I suspect all is well with your installation, the file renaming does not take place until the control

panel is closed.

I opened it again and selected the SCA installed option just as an illustration.

If the files were not being renamed, I would have expected the control panel to report an error.

I would not expect to see the same with SCA enabled as with only Open LC.

I know it doesnt save it until closed, i got that. I ended up removing KSAN and OpenLC NA. Now it works after a fresh install of the two. Still odd it had happened to begin with.

Any reason i dont see the Naval docks with SCA enabled but only with OpenLC NA enabled?

Nick just one question in the control panel it gives those two options at the top of the menu for either SCA or global base and lc na but if you have all those products which option will give the best results. It's not a problem I just was asking to clarify for myself and anyone else in the same position.

If you have SCA active, select FTX Southern California mode.

This will disable the SCA KSAN airport files, so that they do not interfere with the KSAN airport addon.

In this case, it doesn't matter what other products there may be.

The other setting is for customers who don't own SCA.

Frankly, I'm going to keep my LatinVFR version for now.  I'm in the midst of flying GA to and from several US FTX Freeware airports which I haven't visited before, so time is limited to flying, not tweaking a new scenery.  Maybe later, however.  Seems there are more issues with KSAN than not seeing the naval docks.

10 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Frankly, I'm going to keep my LatinVFR version for now.  I'm in the midst of flying GA to and from several US FTX Freeware airports which I haven't visited before, so time is limited to flying, not tweaking a new scenery.  Maybe later, however.  Seems there are more issues with KSAN than not seeing the naval docks.

I wait and see what the developer is going to do in a service pact. My whole thing with this is I buy ORBX products for the immersion and look. I like the Thomas Kinkade feel to there products with all the lights,roads and things. But when they take those away it seems there going down the wrong path. I can see the Tubers liking it but for the low and slow crowd its a miss in my opinion.

On 4/12/2017 at 5:38 PM, FreeBird said:

I wait and see what the developer is going to do in a service pact. My whole thing with this is I buy ORBX products for the immersion and look. I like the Thomas Kinkade feel to there products with all the lights,roads and things. But when they take those away it seems there going down the wrong path. I can see the Tubers liking it but for the low and slow crowd its a miss in my opinion.

Same here, I think I'll stay with LatinVFR KSAN for a little longer and wait what the service packs will do. 

Archived