AU Australia Region

XCLTM3

Hi Orbx team,

are there any plans to ever rework the AU continent/regions?

Given the improvements we've seen in other regions that have been more recently released, I'm supposing that there could be improvements in tech and scenery development that might further enhance AU.

Thanks,

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/131026-australian-lc/?page=1

#14 may answer your question.

I've never been in Australia myself, however, I fly quite often there as it's a fascinating region indeed (say, at least the coastal areas). Given the age of the scenery I am quite impressed how well it still looks. Just take Sydney, where you are from, which is certainly not much behind one of the more recent releases, say San Francisco.

What is really in need of improvement are the airports. All more recent region sceneries come with enhanced default airports (Germany North has >300 of them), and most of them are remarkably enhanced. This applies even more to the smaller airports, while most of the larger ones have payware versions available, either from ORBX or 3rd parties

Kind regards, Michael

I am sure that the new Australia, when it is released next year, will be as magnificent as all recent Orbx scenery's are.. for me, an updated coastline is what I am looking forward to, as most of the inland texture created all those years ago were "ahead of their time" and still compete very strongly with the more recent Orbx releases. Teecee.

Hi guys,

I was just thinking to myself over the weekend that I would like to see an update to the Australia scenery. I had not seen the talk of an Australia release next year, if this is correct, it is good news and I will certainly be looking forward to this one.

Now if we can only get some West Australian International/Regional airports...... PERTH of course, Kalgoorlie, Geraldton and Karratha would be a good collection.

Also, it would be nice to have the main islands given the modern treatment as well.

Lance.

There is an upcoming update that will feature the city night lighting tech that we have been progressively rolling out with other regions and OLC. That is the only new content for now and John's answer here is still the thinking 

This will be my third purchase of Australia! (I bought my 2nd version on disc at a time when I had no hope of handling a big download). I look forward to the next incarnation. Please don't end the scenery at 141ºE, though. The east has Orbx, whilst the west has Broome and Jandakot and Alan Blencowe, and SA and NT have about four detailed sceneries, and only two of them Orbx.

On 3.4.2017 at 2:28 AM, pmb said:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/131026-australian-lc/?page=1

#14 may answer your question.

I've never been in Australia myself, however, I fly quite often there as it's a fascinating region indeed (say, at least the coastal areas). Given the age of the scenery I am quite impressed how well it still looks. Just take Sydney, where you are from, which is certainly not much behind one of the more recent releases, say San Francisco.

What is really in need of improvement are the airports. All more recent region sceneries come with enhanced default airports (Germany North has >300 of them), and most of them are remarkably enhanced. This applies even more to the smaller airports, while most of the larger ones have payware versions available, either from ORBX or 3rd parties

Kind regards, Michael

But if you combine FTX Australia with the huge number of freeware airports available (OZx, Ant's Aussie Airports and some others) you'll get something that is even better than the enhanced airports of other regions. Many of those freeware sceneries feature custom buildings, photoreal areas and more. Some of them are very close to Payware quality. And the guys at OZx are still developing new airports. What I would really love to see in a new version of Australia would be some more POIs, small photoreal areas like in the US regions, maybe some enhanced "light" Cityscapes like in Germany North. But I guess that is a little too much to ask for a huge country like Australia. But one can still dream, right? 

Archived