YBBN Brisbane International - The official teaser trailer

Yes please:  and those gate markings at last look real.  Painted walkways and no-go areas making it real.  At last showing what airports really are ....  airside they are ordered and arranged, but crammed with both moving and fixed articles.

Russ, I just want you to tell me this isn't April 1 and those are really from ORBX's YBBN.

Cause I can't tell the difference between that and the real thing.

I will go away now and pine for the day........it's ok, mate, can't be that long, just take a deep breath, it'll be alright

Frank

No need to say more - watch the video...

Now you are just taking the p*ss! Have you sold your sole to the devil or something?

Looks amazing, only downside I can see is that I think I'd struggle to run it without turning some of those rather spectacular visuals down somewhat. I'm in too minds about replacing my dodgy HD or wait and limp on until I upgrade - which is getting closer all the time everytime the Orbx team brings out a new product that continues to push the bounderies some more. I don't know whether to congratulate you or curse you have the time, lol. I'll go with the congratulations though - keep up the excellent work.  ;D

To give you guys some idea,

when i made this trailer, i used fraps to record the ingame camera movements, now runing fraps takes about 5 to 6 fps off your performance. What you see in the video is exactly how YBBN currently runs on my dev system which is an aging Q6600 overclocked to 3.4 GHz, with 8GB of DDR2 1066 RAM, and a 8800GTS 512. Certainly no monster system, and there was no trickery used in this trailer to make it look smoother.

I say currently, as there is still a fair amount of work to do and things to add, so i dont want to start singing about performance just yet, but for the complexity and detail of this airport, the frames are very good.

Russ.

Archived