YBBN Brisbane International - The official teaser trailer

ohhhhh russ you little gem will it include animated airtrain? or people waving goodbye hehehe  ;D

oh btw have you noticed the new roadworks around the airport i go past it very often and as the new gateway bridge nears completion the roads have changed.

@Flyguy, i have put the new gateway bridge in place, and will alter the road network locally to accommodate the new bridge. However as our photo real scenery base does not include any of the recent changes to the surrounding infrastructure, we will not be doing any other changes. So appart from the second bridge, there will be no other recent works included in the RTM build.

This may well be amended with a future service pack, but it does depend on the avaiability of updated aerial photography that we can licence.

As for the airtrain, Marty is currently making the elevated railway and train, so it's in hand  ;) There is a time limit for animations within FSX, which may restrict our ability to realistically move the train along such a distance of track, we will have to see, our hands may be tied on that one.

Thanks for your interest

Russ.

The AI is not the issue at YMML, rather it's that airport's scenery construction - which has been approached very differently with YBBN. Orbx is a relative newcomer to making large airports, and you must remember we had our training wheels on when we made YMML. We've learnt an enormous amount since we began that project over two years ago.

Of course AI makes a dramatic impact on FPS, but our beta testing results are returning more than double the FPS numbers versus YMML. I am currently uploading a YBBN FPS demo video blog to YouTube which will illustrate this emphatically.

Will we apply the YBBN design tech to a YMML V2? You betcha! We'd be doing you all a disservice if we didn't do that.

HOLY CRAP!!! Outstanding work guys its just like standing out on the ramp - the detail - for example just look at the detail seen in the the under terminal service ducts and a\c vents!! and the GSE!!!

If this is YBNN I cant wait to see what you guys do with YSSY!

HOLY CRAP!!! Outstanding work guys its just like standing out on the ramp - the detail - for example just look at the detail seen in the the under terminal service ducts and a\c vents!! and the GSE!!!

this is what i have been thinking myself over the last few days!!

I might put myself in an induced coma to be woken up in 12months to see what goodies have been released!! lol

• 3 weeks later...

After looking at all the SS and Vid's again can I ask...

There is a hell of a lot of airport ground vehicles, baggage handlers etc etc, will there be not just an option to turn them off and on but low, med or full?

Just a thought to help fps.

Will there be an option to have fsx native runways and taxiways?  I found that made a massive difference with YMML on my system in FSX.  I suspect it's got something to do with having only 512MB video memory.

Archived