Can I ask.

Dadtom65

Hi All. This has to do with the post how to update England and getting old boxed products updated. Can we please have a decision for those who can not get their old products updated, well registered I suppose. Like I have two Orbx products Northern Rockies and Central Rockies that was bought when they first came out years ago and I have lost the receipts and can not find out where I bought them from. Plus I have four boxed American airports that I bought on eBay a while ago, yes I know I should have bought them from Orbx, but they were cheap on eBay and they are genuine Orbx products. Surely I should be able to get these products registered for a small fee. Like Nick said he has been trying for ages to get this problem sorted, it shouldn't be that hard to say right for these products you pay that amount and for others this amount. Or how about as a good will gesture from Orbx a one day ammisty is that how you spell it, say right from this date you all have two hours from this time to register your products, obviously with the different time zones it would have to be different. Or I would be willing to pay a fee. Not being funny or anything and I know Orbx have a lot on their hands at the moment but this really needs sorting out . Derek.

Hi Derek,

This system is being worked on presently for implementation of Dvd's to digital format, yes a small fee will be required to cover costs, FSS also offered a similar service previously. Thank you for your enquiry, as soon as the service is ready, an announcement will be made.

Yes, this is all getting a bit frustrating :(.

I have fifteen DVDs.  All purchased new around 5/6 years ago.  At the time, buying orbx DVDs seemed quite normal.  I can see that orbx has changed things since November 2016. 

I have moved my FSS purchases across, and made many new purchases here this year.

But it would be nice to get all of my DVDs registered / recognised and be able to download all updates etc.

Cheers

Paul

I agree with the sense of frustration that FTX Central  recognises all of the Orbx products that I have bought over the years but wiil not update the 24 products bought on DVD from Flightstore.co.uk.  Hope this gets resolved soon.

All the best.     DaveR

Just a quick update on my last post above. Having checked,  I have 38 products registered with you. So I am a serious customer?

I just need orbx to recognise the other (DVD) purchases please......

Cheers

Paul

Hi paulb. Have you not got your receipts from the Flightstore as you should be able to register your products if you have. Think that's where I got mine from, but there's no record of them that I can find. Derek.

Hello,

This is from 14th March 2014

For some time now we have thought long and hard about a solution for our customers who have purchased Orbx products on DVD, but not from Flightsimstore.com (FSS), for example PC-Aviator, Aerosoft, flightstore.co.uk, Flight and Fun etc etc.

We explored many possible options incuding using special installers to read your DVD disc and other solutions but these were all too easy to exploit and opened ourselves up to abuse of cross-grades.

So FSS will charge a very low AU$3.95 service processing and administration fee to have your original non-FSS purchased DVD validated via order numbers and a photo of the physical DVD with date evidence.

Please note that not one cent goes to Orbx; this is purely a service fee to cover the cost of FSS staff who have to manually process your submitted information. Those staff do not work for Orbx but are contracted to FSS. The cross-grade process is completely independent from Orbx.

This service does not apply to FSS DVD customers; their purchase is recorded on FSS database files and they can upgrade to new releases already, such as the recently released Australian airport for P3Dv2. 

I know this is not the most elegant process but it's a cost-effective solution for which Orbx receives no income and does not exploit the loyalty of DVD customers, regardless of where they purchased them from.

You can see that the opportunity for converting DVD products was available

for two and a half years, probably longer for those who bought them from the FSS.

It can also be clearly seen that there must be evidence of legitimate purchase.

No doubt everyone who did not take advantage of these offers when they were current

will have their own reasons for not having done so.

Some months before the launch of Orbx Direct, this text was added.

Please note that once the OrbxDirect store front becomes live, this cross-grade offer will no longer be available. If you still have DVDs of FTX products, now is the time to take up on this offer.

OrbxDirect is planned to go live September/October.

Richard has said the same as I have, each of the very many times that it has been asked.

Yes, it does seem to be taking a while longer than anticipated and please continue to be patient.

If it is possible to wait for two and a half years and miss the offer, it must surely be possible to wait

a little longer than the four months so far for it to be reinstated.

The available updates are to be found here

Finally, although the very latest updates to some of the products are not available except through FTX Central, 

all the DVD products will continue to work in the way that they have always done.

The final point by Nick is key here:

all the DVD products will continue to work in the way that they have always done.

Also, I do hope that people are aware that this cross-grade offer is a paid for service covering costs of verifying purchases and assigning a licence to your account.

18 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi All. This has to do with the post how to update England and getting old boxed products updated. Can we please have a decision for those who can not get their old products updated, well registered I suppose. Like I have two Orbx products Northern Rockies and Central Rockies that was bought when they first came out years ago and I have lost the receipts and can not find out where I bought them from. Plus I have four boxed American airports that I bought on eBay a while ago, yes I know I should have bought them from Orbx, but they were cheap on eBay and they are genuine Orbx products. Surely I should be able to get these products registered for a small fee. Like Nick said he has been trying for ages to get this problem sorted, it shouldn't be that hard to say right for these products you pay that amount and for others this amount. Or how about as a good will gesture from Orbx a one day ammisty is that how you spell it, say right from this date you all have two hours from this time to register your products, obviously with the different time zones it would have to be different. Or I would be willing to pay a fee. Not being funny or anything and I know Orbx have a lot on their hands at the moment but this really needs sorting out . Derek.

We won't be recognising eBay purchases of our DVDs, only DVDs that was purchased via one of our authorised re-sellers are going to qualify for the cross grade.

This is not a new thing, we have never recognised eBay purchases for Support queries as well.

Archived