Strange blue on tall mountains

jkb

Don't know if it is ORBX causing this or something else. Tall stand-alone mountains (photoreal?) though have blue streaks on them. Is this intentional? I do not believe I have any add-ons for the mountains. Any idea what is cause this?mtissue.png

I believe this is Mt. Hood, Oregon.

I do recall seeing a bluish hue to some mountain areas in the past. If i am correct it was in the Arctic with clear blue sky reflecting on the ice on the mountain. I have not visited the Arctic in P3D but if the photoreal pic was taken in that circumstance that i have spoken of then it will not change it's colour. I could well be wrong in this case, but just offer a possible reason since all the other textures in your pic look OK and it would be odd for just one set of textures to be displayed incorrectly, especially as the mountain top is photoreal.

Hi there,

the photoreal mountains in the Pacific Northwest are only included with the FTX Regions; judging by your screenshot you're not using FTX PNW, correct?

It appears that there's an "glacier ice" landscape polygon draped over the mountain and that texture displays incorrect textures, possibly the default "reef" texture set.

Which landscape/landclass add-ons do you have installed for this area? Orbx openLC NA, or just Global Base, and/or perhaps third-party products like Ultimate Terrain X?

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the comments everyone. I have FTX global base and North America Landclass. I also have European Landclass and the demos. I think the only addon that would affect it would be free mesh, but I tried disabling it to no avail. I can try disabling all add-on except orbx ones later today though. 

I seem to recall a glitch when I was updating the FTX library, any chance that could have bugged it?

Might be related to the on-going process of separating my SE orbx from my boxed GEX, but everything else has looked good except for the tall mountains like Hood and Rainier. 

Any way to reinstall the orbx library, I think there may have been a glitch downloading it (Don't know if this would affect anything)? There seems to be a couple urban tile misplacements too.

Any other suggestions, it doesn't seem to be a non-orbx addon problem?

Reinstalling that nor the game seemed to work. Any way to do a clean reinstall? How would I remove all FSX SE files after the uninstall. There seems to be a ton of files that won't delete.

Archived