Albatross sighted at Monterey

Jack Sawyer

Wonderful shots Jack.

The ground scenery is an incredibly clear.

Ah, the beautiful Albatross, one of the reasons I did not buy the new Hunter. :huh:

I brought the Meteor and Albatross in close succession, flew them for a couple of weeks and then banished them to the back of hangar 4.:rolleyes:

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful shots Jack.

The ground scenery is an incredibly clear.

Ah, the beautiful Albatross, one of the reasons I did not buy the new Hunter. :huh:

I brought the Meteor and Albatross in close succession, flew them for a couple of weeks and then banished them to the back of hangar 4.:rolleyes:

Thanks Martyn!  Man, the Albatros is still one of my all-time favorite planes to fly.  I love the cockpit and the way it handles.  You really have to watch your speed because the flaps will auto-retract.  And those "coffin corners" will get ya every time if you don't have enough speed.  I like the way you really have to learn to handle this bird.

12 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn!  Man, the Albatros is still one of my all-time favorite planes to fly.  I love the cockpit and the way it handles.  You really have to watch your speed because the flaps will auto-retract.  And those "coffin corners" will get ya every time if you don't have enough speed.  I like the way you really have to learn to handle this bird.

I did learn how to fly it but I have now forgotten all of it.

Luckily I have a book where I keep notes, (start up procedures etc...)  about various aircraft.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, hopefully we'll see you back in it soon.  It's too much fun.

I have my Albatross sitting way back in hangar 7!!

I need to get it back out of mothballs.

Sigh....so much to do, so many aircraft I already own to fly, so many sceneries and region enhanced places to go....so little time!

But it's nice to have variety too! :)

Steve

23 minutes ago, Republic DC-9 said:

I have my Albatross sitting way back in hangar 7!!

I need to get it back out of mothballs.

Sigh....so much to do, so many aircraft I already own to fly, so many sceneries and region enhanced places to go....so little time!

But it's nice to have variety too! :)

Steve

I agree Steve.  Whoever said it was a smaller world doesn't fly in it.  There's more areas to fly in Orbx land than we have time in our lives.

36 minutes ago, BradB said:

Wow - Jack all of these could be RL photo's , you have your P3D finely tuned my friend . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John but not much credit is mine.  That goes to whoever wrote that AVSIM P3D tuning guide, PMDG's guide, Adam's PTA, and many other people much smarter than me.  And of course Orbx for providing the most wonderful and amzing scenery you could possibly ask for.  I have no idea how they do it, they're smatrter than me but it's well worth the money and as long as they produce I'll be buying.  I'm really looking forward to Innsbruck, Buildings, KSAN, Southern Germany, and if P3D ever goes 64 bit what a simming life it'll be right?  

Archived