Catalina ship spotting then, oh no!

Jack Sawyer

So I decided to change locations to Catalina and do some ship spotting.  Found some nice ones.  Then I was going to fly around a bit and right before the wheels hit the runway at John Wayne P3D shut down with no warning chimes.  I had AI ship traffic up to 10% so I dialed it back to 6%.

epAw6oI.jpg

OSOBRZW.jpg

Heading for the mainland

mUmrQqS.jpg

Dw2I91d.jpg

Zg6BaaU.jpg

Heading out over open water to inspect the ships.

R4UOw7u.jpg

Gosh this is fun!

zxzpCWi.jpg

W40xOiF.jpg

U2RHYl0.jpg

Who knew?  Who knew it could get better?  I love this!

9LNDTcZ.jpg

Coming in for a landing and in my wife's best southern drawl, "Dayum!  'Ell I be, 'at's whet yer call one of them OOM thingys."

laObq1k.jpg

Fantastic finds, I also like to chase those ships.

And I also hate flights ending like this.

[When looking for ships, perhaps reduce the AI planes. But in busy areas like Seattle, LAX, Sydney or Brisbane moving in a 32bit simulator is a challenge.]

Nice Jack. OOM's could come without warnings when a large photoreal area has to be loaded when already high on VAS.

Those chimes are a warning that you approaching the limits. PR can cross that line instantly so... bang!

But those OOM days will soon be over. For me personally just another year and then I'll choose a new 64-bit sim.

6 hours ago, lixfeldt said:

Did you find the Catalina Express Jack:o

No, I didn't even know it existed.  It was just a flight from the airport at KAVX to the mainland.  Where would it be?

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Bummer Jack, always there in the on the sidelines waiting to pounce to ruin a perfect flight.

Well, those are fantastic shots before the catastrophe.

Yup, I hate OOM's.  It was so unexpected too!  Glad you liked the shots Martyn.

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic finds, I also like to chase those ships.

And I also hate flights ending like this.

[When looking for ships, perhaps reduce the AI planes. But in busy areas like Seattle, LAX, Sydney or Brisbane moving in a 32bit simulator is a challenge.]

Thanks Gerold!  It really is a challenge.  I check my VAS log after each and ever flight.  I have noticed a pattern.  Anywhere near LAX, KSEA, KFHR, London, they're VAS vacuums.

4 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Nice Jack. OOM's could come without warnings when a large photoreal area has to be loaded when already high on VAS.

Those chimes are a warning that you approaching the limits. PR can cross that line instantly so... bang!

But those OOM days will soon be over. For me personally just another year and then I'll choose a new 64-bit sim.

Thanks. I agree, this year we'll probably see a 64 bit everything but if we see a 64 bit P3D I'll be torn. I'll lose all my planes and most of them can't be made into a 64 bit version because some are no longer in the business.

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set these.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

2 hours ago, RJ said:

Formidable ones! :)

Thanks yet again RJ!

28 minutes ago, PDX Flyer said:

Well Jack, you are certainly tweaking my buttons this morning.  First your 337 and now the ships.  In my new install, after PTA, Henrik Nielsen's ship package will be next.

I love this AI Ship Traffic.  And the 337 was one of my faves in FSX.  Just got it back into P3D after Carenado upgraded their entire fleet.

AND I just bought their Cessna 195 after seeing Steve's wonderful shots.  Fixin' to install it in a few minutes, after I install the latest P3D hotfix.

Archived