Texture Bleed Post ORBX Libraries

Hello guys,

I have just upgraded to FSX SE, and following installation of the latest ORBX Libraries as suggested from FTX central I get texture bleed through across my FS world. Most notably my SYDNEY is shown below, though I lose half my UAE and OMAN underwater.  Is this a known phenomenon with a fix or can someone tell me how to restore my FSX SE to its pre ORBX library state?

Cheers

Andrew

post ORBX Libraries.jpg

Hi,

Have a look in `

Full Terrain Experience (FTX) Payware Support Forum

•  FAQ - Answers to Frequently Asked Questions here
  • `                                                                                                                                            

By Holger Sandmann, May 20, 2014   

May be of help.

Cheers Reg

Hi Doug,

It seems I have the same problem in my FSX, most visible in Sydney (same than Andrew) but sometimes elsewhere (I had to rename LC*.bgl files from my FSDG Ayers Rock scenery for example in order to avoid strange textures around the airport) since I installed FTX Central V3 and completed the latest updates. I already tried to use an old copy of terrain.cfg without success. I'll try with the terrain.cfg provided with Resolving rapid ground texture "morphing" .

I have Flytampa Sydney installed but experience the same problem when the 2 entries are inactive in scenery.cfg.

At the same period I migrated to FTX Central 3 I tried the DX10 option in Fsx and went back to standard. Can this switch affect my FTX Global installation?

Skip.

Hi Doug,

I was sur of it, setting up a new terrain.cfg didn't change anything. I'm not sure to understand the picture you sent to me. I just have from ORBX FTX Global, Europe and North America LC and some "Global" airports. Then I have a large number of 3rd party sceneries including Flytampa Sydney.

If I set to inactive everything except Fsx default entries in my scenery.cfg I still have the problem.

If I set inactive everything except Fsx default AND ORBX products entries in my scenery.cfg I still have the problem.

Of course even with everything inactive there is always some addons bgl file in Scenery\World\Scenery but nothing related to Sydney. I attached my scenery.cfg if you see something wrong?

I saw a .migrated file in my Scenery main folder. Is it possible something was broken?  Missing FTX Global textures that cause the problem? Do I need to rainstall FTX Global from scratch (and download it again?).

Skip.

Scenery.cfg

Hi Skip

Sorry, for some reason I am not able to open your .cfg file.

The picture I attached is an illustration of the order your scenery library should be in, for example at the the top of the list is 3rd party, which means that all your 3rd party non Orbx addons should be placed at the top of your scenery library, and under that should be OZX scenery if you have it, then all of your FTX Regions and airports below that and so forth....:)

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,

II finaly decided to reinstall FTX Global. I found an uninstall link for the v1.10 and ran it. Then I manually download FTX Global v1.40 and installed it via FTXC3. It wasn't easy because the uninstallation broke many things.and I had to restore (thanks to my ghost saves) Scripts\custom.gb_base. Then the first test at Sydney was succesfull :-) but I saw many OLC entries has disapeared from my scenery.cfg! The reason was many OLC folders were deleted (by FTXC3 after FTXG was unistalled?). So I restored all my OLC folders and kept my original scenery.cfg order. The problem is solved!!!!

So I think I had an issue when migrating FTXC from v2 to V3?

Skip.

I ended up buying ORBX Australia. Very happy with the purchase and (luckily) the issue seen above hasn't followed me.

However, I must say. I spent the better part of a day trying to work out what was going on with this issue.

Trawled the forums and checked that the library orders were correct and Reinstalled FSX countless times.

Tried to refresh the terrain.cfg file (By the way FTXCenteral v3 doesn't make a backup of the terrain.cfg file before it changes anything. I looks like Central V2 might've had this function)

I haven't reinstalled the holgermesh out of fear of it breaking everything again.

From a first impression point of view. It really wasn't that great.

6 hours ago, Ammuka said:

I ended up buying ORBX Australia. Very happy with the purchase and (luckily) the issue seen above hasn't followed me.

However, I must say. I spent the better part of a day trying to work out what was going on with this issue.

Trawled the forums and checked that the library orders were correct and Reinstalled FSX countless times.

Tried to refresh the terrain.cfg file (By the way FTXCenteral v3 doesn't make a backup of the terrain.cfg file before it changes anything. I looks like Central V2 might've had this function)

I haven't reinstalled the holgermesh out of fear of it breaking everything again.

From a first impression point of view. It really wasn't that great.

Hi ammuka,

The point here is whenever you have a problem, you need to present the issue by opening a thread of your own.

But as this procedure can serve to the op, I put it down here, maybe it helps.

You need to restart the migration process again. See how.

In the case of Australia.

1. To force the migration process, you need to delete all ".migrated" files that are in these folders below.
=======================================
~\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU05_ROADS\.migrated
~\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU16_SHORES\.migrated
~\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU18_CUSTOM\.migrated
~\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU26_SHORES\.migrated
~\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU28_CUSTOM\.migrated
~\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU36_SHORES\.migrated
~\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU38_CUSTOM\.migrated
~\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU46_SHORES\.migrated
~\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU48_CUSTOM\.migrated
=======================================

2. Then reopen the FTX Central v3 to start the migration process again.

3. After that, you can check if the migration was successful by running MigrationTroubleshooter in this folder ~\ORBX\Troubleshooter.

You will get a figure like this:

a.
TroublshooterAutraliaOK.jpg

Fire up the simulator and see how it goes.

Cheers,
Voyager

6 hours ago, Voyager said:

Hi ammuka,

The point here is whenever you have a problem, you need to present the issue by opening a thread of your own.

Sorry. Didn't see any of that in the forum rules/guidelines. Perhaps update the sticky post.

• 2 months later...

Hi All

Had a similar issue after loading ORBX scenery (no problem with other addons as I loaded them first) - see 'orbx1' file below. This occurred no matter where I started the sim. I resolved the issue through the Steam application as follows:

Open 'Steam' - right click on 'FSX:SE' game file - select 'Properties' - select 'Local Files' tab - select 'Verify Intergity of Game Files. Steam will run a file validation. In my case it picked up 217 files that failed to validate (suspect these are overwritten or dumped when installing ORBX). You will notice a 'downloading' activation at the bottom of the Stean app, let it run until complete. On completion, close all and run FSX:SE. Don't panic when you see a 'Remove' and 'Install' notification, its part of the procedure. Go to your default load location, select the 'Top Down' view and zoom out. Hopefully all your textures have returned (see orbx3) with no impact on the ORBX scenery. It may sound a lot but the whole process literally takes less than 5 minutes.    

orbx1.jpg

orbx3.jpg

Archived