Problems with Juneau

joefremont

I am having a problem with the Juneau airport.  As you can see from the screen shot the runway is covered by a mountain of snow.  I switched from winter to summer and it turns into a mountain of green.  I only have Orbx scenery installed beyond the default, they were all installed using FTX Central 3.  The software I have installed that could impact this problem.

P3D 3.3

FTX Global Base

FTX Global Vector

FTX Global openLC North America

NA Southern Alaska

PAJN Juneau International Airport

And I did run the Airport Elevation Correction app in the Global Vector control panel.

Please help.

Screenshot 2016-12-31 11.34.27.png

Yes, Orbx libraries are installed.

I did some experimenting but turn off everything ORBX/FTX in the P3D scenery library and the runway was clear.

I then started turning them back on again starting at the bottom with ORBXIVECTOR_AEC and proceeding up the list, everything worked well until I activated southern alaska (FTX_NA_SAK0*), then the giant pile of snow re-appeared.  I then turned Southern Alaska back off and turned on everything else and the airport looks functional and the airport scenery is looking good, but the mountains are back to the bland original P3D scenery..

This however is not a very good answer, Southern alaska and Juneau are supposed to work together, in fact the product page for Juneau states that Southern Alaska is required.

I based on that I tried removing all the *PAJN*.bgl files outside of the Juneau airport package one at at time, and no effect. I tried disabling the four  FTX_NA_SAK* scenery packages in scenery library one at a time with no luck, and I tried different combinations one at a time with no luck only when all four parts of FTX_NA_SAK* were off would the giant pile of snow disappear.  At this point my only solution is turn off the SAK region when I'm near PAJN and turn it back on again once I leave the airport.  Not a good solution, I hope one of the Orbx developers can fix it and release a patch soon.

Thanks for your responses on this.  I checked the order of the scenery, FTX_AA_PAJN is at position 9, FTX_NA_SAK is below starting at 29.  I checked the mesh resolution, it was set at 18m.  I had never set it, it must have been the default.  I changed it to 5m and the giant pile of snow is still there but the surface is flatter.  I am now re-running the Global Vector Airport Elevation Correction tool to see if it can fix it.  And the result is...

Its still there :-(

Screenshot 2017-01-04 20.50.01.png

Here is the requested data

E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3>dir *PAJN*.bgl /b/s
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_ADEP2_TRB.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_ADEX_CVX.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_GP_P3D.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_main_P3D.BGL
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PLC_alaska_static.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PLC_buildings.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PLC_clutter.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PLC_extras.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PLC_fence.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PLC_grass.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PLC_GSE.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PLC_PF.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PLC_signsnlights.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PLC_statics.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PLC_taxicentre.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PLC_taxiedges.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PLC_VASIS.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PLC_vehicles1.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PLC_xairport.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PR_1.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PR_2.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\PAJN_PR_3.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN.BGL
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_CVX.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery\FTX_SAK_objects and effects_PAJN_LDIN_PLC.BGL
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery\FTX_SAK_objects_PAJN_PLC.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\ABP_PAJN.bgl
E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF\ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_elevation_adjustment.BGL

If it makes a difference, I had installed many of the packages manually in the pre- FTX Central 3 era, including global base, global vector and SAK, then reinstalled everything  again using  FTX Central 3 including the new packages.  According to FTX Central, everything is up to date.

Think I solved the issue, it must have been related to updating from an older version.  First thing I tried was to install all the relevant packages into FSX-Steam to see how it worked, and it worked fine.  Next I opened FTX Central for P3D and un-installed both PAJN and SAK.  Checked to make sure all the appropriate folders were removed from the ORBX folder,  FTX_NA_SAK08_CUSTOM was not so I manually deleted it, then reinstalled PAJN and SAK.  Restarted P3D and the giant pile of snow is gone!

33 minutes ago, joefremont said:

Think I solved the issue, it must have been related to updating from an older version.  First thing I tried was to install all the relevant packages into FSX-Steam to see how it worked, and it worked fine.  Next I opened FTX Central for P3D and un-installed both PAJN and SAK.  Checked to make sure all the appropriate folders were removed from the ORBX folder,  FTX_NA_SAK08_CUSTOM was not so I manually deleted it, then reinstalled PAJN and SAK.  Restarted P3D and the giant pile of snow is gone!

I found that has worked for me. I found some of the old installers even if they seem current have issues. Re downloading has always fixed my issues currently.

I am having the same issue. I tried the ID.11no solution. I have uninstalled many times and reinstalled. Does Orbx not have a patch for this. This is a real problem. This software in not cheap and it is getting frustrating. please provide a patch for this.

Hi Kevin

Please start your own new topic for this, the OP has solved his issue without a patch. 

5 hours ago, kevinj said:

I am having the same issue. I tried the ID.11no solution. I have uninstalled many times and reinstalled. Does Orbx not have a patch for this. This is a real problem. This software in not cheap and it is getting frustrating. please provide a patch for this.

Thanks

Doug

Archived