Hardly any snow in Norway on Dec.28?

Somehow strange: I remember, last winter, there were lots of snow in Scandinavia, esp. in Norway.

But today: only some specs of snow, only frozen water surfaces (as defined in the settings), but else: 'dry' land!

Is this: a) global warming? b.) a feature? c) a bug of the latest update (I'm using Norway v1.15)? d) wropng settings - but if, then: where?

Michael.

I might be mistaken but I think that the winter kicks in January - March for FTX Norway.

Guess it is quite snowy in Norway now, especially in the northern parts. 

I come from Sweden and the snow rarely stays on the ground until late December these days. Well north of Sweden gets snow sometime as early as September, but in the middle of the country and south of that we usually don't have snow on Christmas anymore.

On ‎02‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 4:58 PM, Finni Hansen said:

It also depends where in Norway you are flying. Southern areas have fewer months with snow than northern. There is also a difference between coastal and inland areas, as well as the altitude of the area you are flying over :)

Finn

Hi Finn,

Thanks for your contribution. I wouldn't have expected FTX Norway to be thus complex in seasonary design! I did notice that elevated terrain has a complete snow covering in comparison to nearly snow-free lower terrain, I also noticed more snow in the north, but would have thought that as an imagination. I'd never have thought about less snow in coastal areas! But I will keep an eye on that!

Astonishing possibilities! I always regret that higher altitudes do not have snow earlier and/or more of it than low-lying countrysides when flying in alpine regions!

Norway shows that it's possible!

@Holger: Using system date and time is my default setting for sim-flying, so I don't think there's a relation to the mentioned linked topic (nevertheless thank you for pointing it out!).

Also, as Norway is covered completly with snow since Jan 1st, the 'problem' has dissolved, most probably with Marcus' explanation.

Michael.

Archived