No time to fly anymore

Stillwater

After 3 days of downloading, I finally managed to get Valdez onto my HD. Now comes the new orbxlibs...

Unbenannt.jpg

... and there goes another evening, cause I can´t run my Sim and FTXC in parallel.

I can´t keep up with the updates, and I am way off thinking of new purchases.

Same with me Gerold, I just bought Prepar3d V3.4 and just got Central V3 to work and this means a complete reinstall. I have all the saved zips for everything I have purchased, but a heap of them only run up to  Prepar3d V2 so I have to re DL the them all for the next two or three days. This I am currently doing.

Using my saved Zips usually takes me four or five days to do a complete reinstall, but it is looking like a couple of days or more just to get the updates that I need. it's a pity we cannot DL the updated sections only..

The bright side of this is of course that these group updates only happen when first installing Prepar3d, and thereafter the files will update  as they are introduced. Teecee.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

After 3 days of downloading, I finally managed to get Valdez onto my HD. Now comes the new orbxlibs...

Well Gerold, in the meantime, I can share this little story from yesterday with you:

Last night I conducted a beautiful flight from PAVD Valdez, flying at 9000 feet over the mountains towards PAEN Kenai, and then turning to the south west towards PAHO Homer, where I entered the pattern out over the water for a landing on runway 04. I had my AS2016 weather on, the season set to late summer, and it was daylight for my flight in my A2A Comanche. The mountains and hills were a very nice green, and it was a very pleasant and enjoyable flight.

PAVD and PAHO both looked absolutely wonderful. :)

15 minutes ago, teecee said:

Bit of a consolation.. I was in the middle of DL NZSI and we lost power briefly, just enough to shut my computer down.. when I restarted, the NZSI file restarted where it left off.. whew..that was a relief.. Teecee.

That IS a close one TeeCee.

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Well Gerold, in the meantime, I can share this little story from yesterday with you:

Last night I conducted a beautiful flight from PAVD Valdez, flying at 9000 feet over the mountains towards PAEN Kenai, and then turning to the south west towards PAHO Homer, where I entered the pattern out over the water for a landing on runway 04. I had my AS2016 weather on, the season set to late summer, and it was daylight for my flight in my A2A Comanche. The mountains and hills were a very nice green, and it was a very pleasant and enjoyable flight.

PAVD and PAHO both looked absolutely wonderful. :)

Thanks for sharing this nice goal, sounds like SaintExupery "when you want people to sail, don´t teach them how to build boats. teach them the desire for the great open sea.".

1 hour ago, teecee said:

Bit of a consolation.. I was in the middle of DL NZSI and we lost power briefly, just enough to shut my computer down.. when I restarted, the NZSI file restarted where it left off.. whew..that was a relief.. Teecee.

Yeah, this is what I also observe. FTXCv3 works a bit like a DLManager, luckily.

Archived