Problems with all payware airports

FSMontie

So after moving to FTX Central 3, all my payware Orbx airports are suffering from the same problems. I will use Homer as an example.

Only default region buildings show and I have elevation problems as well. I tried disabling the BLG files of the default scenery, but only the snow covered roofs load. I tried un-installing Homer and re-installing. Checking the migration, it shows no errors. Updated the modules. What is wrong?

homerprob1.jpg

homerprob.jpg

Hi Montie,

Let's walk it back and see if a fresh start helps. Try these steps:

-Uninstall PAHO from the FTX Central control panel 

-Verify that [Prepar3D]/ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_PAHO has been removed

-Run a quick search for "PAHO" in your Prepar3D directory, screenshot the results, and post them here if you could. 

-Load the SAK version of PAHO and double check that the elevation looks ok, and objects look ok

Now if you're ok up to this point and the SAK version looks fine, try reinstalling PAHO and we'll keep going troubleshooting if it reinstalls and looks incorrect again.

[Prepar3D]/ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_PAHO has been removed and the search looks like this. The SAK version does not load either, it looks like the photoreal is still there?

Also a screenshot of KMRY and like all the others with issues.

homerfolder.jpg

homeruninstall.jpg

kmry.jpg

12 hours ago, FSMontie said:

Hopefully I find a solution so I can take advantage of the ongoing sale

What does your issue have to do with the sale? If I were you I would purchase now and when you get your system sorted out you have the products and haven't punished yourself lol

21 hours ago, elmucki said:

it would help if you provide a screenshot of your library insertion points and the library from your sim. i bet something is out of order.

Bingo! Thanks. It looks like FTX Central is placing all the regions above the airports.

How do I change the priority order in FTX Central 3? I went into P3D and move PAHO to first priority and the scenery loaded as it should. Closed P3D, went back into FTX Central 3 and to have a look, but could not find anywhere to set the load order manually. Loaded up P3D again and PAHO had been moved down the order again. Do I really have to move some 30 lines in P3D myself or is there something I am missing?

Here are some screenshots of the settings. In FTX Central OpenLC is placed under the other FTX sceneries and FTX is placed at the very top. You can see that in P3D FTX Central places the FTX regions above the FTX airports, which is causing the visual issues I am haven with FTX airports in P3D. Placing an FTX airport (lets say PAHO) at the very top within P3D, then PAHO loads in as it should. I have tried placing the insert point of the FTX further down in FTX central, but it keeps placing the FTX airports below the FTX regions. I remember FTX Central 2 did all this automatically, I never had to mess with the insert points before now. What should I do?

ftxc3.jpg

ftxc3a.jpg

sl.jpg

sla.jpg

Yes I know, but what ever I set the insertion point to, FTX Central will list the FTX airports below the regions. I will have to manually move 30 lines in P3D add on scenery to place the FTX regions below the FTX airports. That means every time I enter FTX Central I will have to move these 30 lines, because FTX Central keeps placing the FTX regions above the FTX airports. The whole issue is the FTX airports, the 3rd party airport are not the issue.

No, I don't think airports above the regions are an issue, airports are usually installed below the regions....the Orbx installers install in alphabetical order and will put things in the proper location.

You cannot adjust your scenery library order with FTXC3, you can only set the insertion point to direct FTXC3 to install all Orbx below  chosen point.

5 hours ago, Doogles said:

No, I don't think airports above the regions are an issue, airports are usually installed below the regions....the Orbx installers install in alphabetical order and will put things in the proper location.

You cannot adjust your scenery library order with FTXC3, you can only set the insertion point to direct FTXC3 to install all Orbx below  chosen point.

On my end the airports installed below the regions is an issue, which causes the elevation issue I posted screenshots of. FTXC3 does not place the sceneries in alphabetical order, ftx_aa comes before ftx_na, but in the library ftx_na comes in at higher priority than ftx_aa. See the screenshots above.

4 hours ago, elmucki said:

to clarify, if ZurichX was your last payware entry (non orbx) you would tell FTXC3 to add the regions below that and not on top of the list. makes sense?

Yes, but that is the thing. I do not have any issues with Aerosoft, FSDT etc. I only have problems with FTX airports (PAHO, KORS, KJAC, KSTS etc.). I have put the FTX insertion point below the very first 3rd party addon, but it still does not fix the problem I have with FTX airports.

6 hours ago, FSMontie said:

On my end the airports installed below the regions is an issue

You are correct, my bad, now that I am sitting at my FS computer I can see that all my airports are above my regions.

SceneryLibrary.png

What version of FTXC3 are you using? The latest version 3.0.2.2 I think was supposed to fix the very issue you are having.

FTXC32.png

I offer a temporary solution until this is resolved by the Devs, as many people are still saying that Central 3, when opened, changes the scenery library configuration into alphabetical sequence.

Open the sim and choose flight. Go into your scenery library and arrange by moving up all your 3rd party addons to the top.. Then below them place all your payware FTX airport addons. Then place below them FTX libs, then place all your FTX regions, then place all your OLC. Click OK. your scenery cfg will change according to your new placements. Go to your scenery cfg file and copy it to desktop,

Every time you open Central again if it has changed your last settings again, delete it and place a copy of your corrected copy of scenery cfg in it's place and all should be good.

This is not an acceptable solution but at least it will remove the frustration you currently have.

I am unsure why some people have this problem with Central 3 continually changing the scenery cfg. I thought this had been fixed?

I dont suffer this at all because i use a scenery editor which places specific scenery cfgs into the sim depending on which scenry Profile i have chosen. There is a freeware Scenery Editor which will do the same job. I strongly recommend you seek it out via Google, and it will end your problem until Orbx can advise you further.

ALL 3rd party scenery/airport addons MUST be above all FTX addons. ALL FTX payware airport MUST be above the FTX Regions. FTX Regions MUST be above the OLCs.

1 minute ago, jjaycee1 said:

I offer a temporary solution until this is resolved by the Devs, as many people are still saying that Central 3, when opened, changes the scenery library configuration into alphabetical sequence.

I think this has already been resolved by the devs.The latest version of FTXC3 works fine for me, but the first version did not.

Thanks Doogles, I was sure it had, but we have not had a reply from the OP as to whether he has the latest version of Central or whether he is still using the original "faulty" one. I would have thought that Central would have notified him that there was an update available. Maybe I am wrong?

jjaycee1, it auto notifies yes. i have not had issues with library insertion points. The concept may be consuming to some as they dont know what to do with them like in his example. In the last picture above, it looks like St. Marteen is his last 3rd party payware add on and thus that should be his first insertion point (FTX Regions) and openLC below those. I bet his issues are gone now. 

P3D does not come with a "Addon Scenery" folder in the scenery library like FSX (unless the user or a FSX installer created one), but what i did to begin with was create one and use it as a "divider" so to say.

Anyways, are the issues resolved?

ALso, you do have the latest libraries right?

1 hour ago, elmucki said:

jjaycee1, it auto notifies yes. i have not had issues with library insertion points. The concept may be consuming to some as they dont know what to do with them like in his example. In the last picture above, it looks like St. Marteen is his last 3rd party payware add on and thus that should be his first insertion point (FTX Regions) and openLC below those. I bet his issues are gone now. 

P3D does not come with a "Addon Scenery" folder in the scenery library like FSX (unless the user or a FSX installer created one), but what i did to begin with was create one and use it as a "divider" so to say.

Anyways, are the issues resolved?

ALso, you do have the latest libraries right?

Those are images of my build, not the OP's and my build works great.

We have not heard back from the OP yet, but by comparing the appearance of his FTXC3 and mine, I am betting he is using the old first version of FTXC3.

Archived