Problems with all payware airports

FSMontie

While some may consider this issue resolved, it in fact is not. My FSX now places scenery in the correct order, but my P3D gets moved around every time. Getting help is getting more difficult because people assume it is fixed. I have had posts on this topic for a week now with no response.

42 minutes ago, BBQSteve said:

While some may consider this issue resolved, it in fact is not. My FSX now places scenery in the correct order, but my P3D gets moved around every time. Getting help is getting more difficult because people assume it is fixed. I have had posts on this topic for a week now with no response.

Yes I really hope the developers looks into it.

I have tried all the usual recommended solutions and none work. As I said, I have both FSX and P3D. I was having similar problems in FSX (except for the disappearing AEC) but Ben helped solve that one. This with P3D seems the same, but the usual solutions don't work.

3 hours ago, elmucki said:

assuming picture 22 is what your currently running, that may be your issue. look at post 27 and 28... obviously that has been ignored and will fix your issues.

elmucki I have done all that. Changing the priority in FTXC does nothing, since regardsless of what I do, FTXC places the FTX airports below the FTX region in alphabetical order. As I said earlier this issue is only tied to FTX airport snot the 3rd party airports.

i highly doubt that. your the only one so far experiencing this issue. I would like to see your scenery library insertion points again. Again, it should not look like picture 22 (where you have FTX on top of the list). Seeing it so, will allow further troubleshooting.

Okay fresh screenshots. One of the airport problem, FTXC insertion points, P3D library and P3D library where FTXC again places the airports below the regions... And for the record, I am not new to Flight Simulator, I know how the library works.

ftxc3in.jpg

pahoprob.jpg

ftxc3lib.jpg

ftxcaa.jpg

Doogles,

I/we appreciate your assistance, so don't take this wrong. BS FTX Central works. If it did, why are there so many posts with problems. I understand new people may have some of theses problems, but I personally have had either Flight Simulator, P3D and Xplane since each very first edition. You are  not discussing these problems in this thread with amateurs. For me it is a last resort to come to these and other forums because I know that damn near every person who tries to help looks at the individual seeking help, as if they don't know the first thing about the sim. Now let's stick to what is happening. I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have similar problems as FSMontie.

EVERY time I open FTX Central, it reorganizes my Vector files. Via third party Scenery Configuration Manager I set my scenery as it is supposed to be. FTX files are placed under my last third party airport followed by and in position 324 and 325, Tongass Fjord High and LOW, then in position 326 begins the OLC files, with the exception of ORBX!OPENLC_!EUROPE_LIGHTS which inserts itself in position 323 just above Tongass files. They end with ORBX!OPENLC_zBASE at position 338 just above Bathymetry in P3D. Then we follow down to line 365 Where Africa is. Just below that starts the five Vector Files in positions 366-370 where 1107 Base is in 371.  Vector AEC ends up located at position 467 below 0000 Base and just above Default Scenery and Terrain in positions 468 and 469.

As soon as I open FTX Central my scenry vector files that were in positions 366-370 are now at the top positions 1-5 and Vector AEC in position 467 is gone, poof vanished from my scenery file.

I am perfectly willing to let any ORBX developer on my computer in TeamView to demonstrate the problem if necessary.

So stop with the non-problem. It is and it is a very frustrating one, for all I'm sure.

PS> Forgot to mention my FTX Central Insertion Points. They are FTX entries inserted below KORF (Position 181 just above FTXAA_ORBXLIBS) and openLC inserted just below Tongas_Fjords_Lower_Priority (Positions 324 and 325)

Library-locations.json reflect the above   {"FTX":"KORF_CAVUSIM", "OLC":"Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority","VEC":"$Scenery\\AFRI"} 

2 hours ago, BBQSteve said:

I/we appreciate your assistance, so don't take this wrong. BS FTX Central works. If it did, why are there so many posts with problems. I understand new people may have some of theses problems, but I personally have had either Flight Simulator, P3D and Xplane since each very first edition. You are  not discussing these problems in this thread with amateurs.

Hi Steve

You are correct, there are a few users that are having problems for various reasons, that is very unfortunate, and it has nothing to do with being amateur or not, there is one user that can't even get FTXC3 to start for him and he is an experienced IT pro, but he does however acknowledge that the solution to his issue will be something simple but obscure,  there was another user that eventually discovered it was his Norton AV that was causing all his grief ( are you using Norton hahaha?). When FTXC2 first launched I was not able to get it to work, it turned out it was my Radeon Pro that was causing the issue, how many people in the FS community are using Radeon Pro? lol....FTXC3 works great for me now (it just prompted me to install the new libs and all is good)....the first version of FTXC3 did not, I was experiencing the exact same issues as the OP, but had no problems dealing with it by using my free scenery config editor until the update come out and fixed the changing scenery library issue. FTXC3 obviously works for the majority of users, but those majority as you know are not on the forums just to tell everybody how great it works....so a few of us are just trying to help.

I know you will eventually learn and figure out what is happening as will others, and the chances of it being Orbx's fault are very slim. No one is implying that it is a "non-problem" for you, I can imagine it is very frustrating. :)

FWIW here is my scenery library that stays this way no matter what I do with FTXC3.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Cheers

Doug

Archived