OpenLC NA not displaying correct textures

Daim Yousif

Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to fix the textures for my openlc na. I have tried reading the other posts and following the steps but nothing is working!

The textures are showing up in the wrong place or there is water were there shouldn't be any.

Please see photo.

Thank You,

Daim

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Hi there,

have you checked in Google Earth or Bing that there aren't lakes or reservoirs in those locations? Either way, openLC NA makes no changes to waterbodies and shorelines, only vector products like Global Vector, UTX, or the FTX Regions do so.

You don't include coordinates in your screenshots nor the sim date so I can't double-check myself but it looks like some of the local landclass textures may have residual/patchy snow on them; what do they look like when zoomed in?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger, 

So when I tried changing seasons to either full summer or full winter it looked fine. I have Global Vector installed since its a prerequisite for openlc NA. This screenshot was takin in a fall day at CYYC - Calgary, AB, Canada in FSX just after departing runway 34 in default FSX scenery. Next time I am on my flight sim I will replicate this issue and will include a zoomed in screenshot and coordinates. My only problem as you can tell is that even though it might be residual/patchy snow, however it looks very unrealistic. 

Thank You,

Daim

Hi guys,

it's not an "anomaly" but rather that the local agricultural textures deliberately have patchy snow baked into their winter variants (the "hard winter" variants are fully snow-covered). It's really not that unrealistic for the northern prairies, where brief snowfall events often happen during fall and spring and snow remains on the ground for a few days. I agree it looks a bit strange with those sharp edges but that has to do with how the fields/pastures are arranged and which of them have more exposed soil than others.

Anyway, I've sent an email to Eugene so he can review the area and perhaps make the snow patches less noticeable in a future service pack.

Cheers, Holger 

Hey Everyone,

As per following Stewart and jjaycee1 recommendations it seems like you guys are correct! If I do full Summer or Full Winter then I do not experience this anymore.

Holger I appreciate you getting Eugene to have a look at it as it would be nice if it was not so noticeable.

Thank You,

Daim

Archived