Blasting around Meigs

Jack Sawyer

Testing Adam's latest PTA, what do you guys think?  Too light?  Just right?  I'm torn.  PTA is a huge improvement but changing it just a little in conjunction with HDR really makes a difference.  Good there's there's fine folks out there who do this like Adam, Mr. V, and Rich.  I wouldn't have a clue, in fact if guys like this didn't do it for me I'd never even use it.

Different times too, 10:00 AM I think and 1600 PM (PM, get it?) 

NQbL49M.jpg

ANLcq7b.jpg

BdwhUxQ.jpg

yDUDyK5.jpg

DTvRXQb.jpg

sbxOQGJ.jpg

Q29AkRM.jpg

We all have different ideas Jack but the main thing is what you are happy with.

Excellent shots anyway, that third one is great with the wonderful sunlit water, I am waiting for the day when LM get their water right and I wish they would ditch those bloody awful waves.

11 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

We all have different ideas Jack but the main thing is what you are happy with.

Excellent shots anyway, that third one is great with the wonderful sunlit water, I am waiting for the day when LM get their water right and I wish they would ditch those bloody awful waves.

Thanks Martyn, I kind of like the waves.  I once used REX for the waves but don't know if it put too much of a load on my old FSX.  I do remember I liked them but didn't like the way they did color either.

What is it you don't like about the waves?

35 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn, I kind of like the waves.  I once used REX for the waves but don't know if it put too much of a load on my old FSX.  I do remember I liked them but didn't like the way they did color either.

What is it you don't like about the waves?

They are not too bad on an open beach but I have noticed in a cove that the waves appear on the 3 sides of the cove, not very realistic.

Anyway a minor detail.

4 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

They are not too bad on an open beach but I have noticed in a cove that the waves appear on the 3 sides of the cove, not very realistic.

Anyway a minor detail.

Oh, I see, yeah, I shut that off as I read it's a VAS hitter.  I liked the animation but you're right, it doesn't look realistic.

2 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

Wonderful shots.  Could you see those Cubs fans down there dancing in the streets?  It must have been a fun evening for them.  What an exciting game.

Thanks.

Didn't see the Cubs PDX but it's amazing that they won.  It's always been a running joke, like, "Sure, that hasn't happened since the Cubs won the World Series!"  :lol:

11 hours ago, olderndirt said:

For those of us still mired in FSX, there is no PTA but we'll muddle through:).

It took a lot for me to switch to P3D last May but I'm glad I did.  I couldn't have done it without help though.  But since the code is supposedly based on FSX I don't see why he couldn't make a PTA for FSX.  I'm no programmer so I don't know about these things.

Archived