Texture peeling in SAK PACV runway 27

Jon Clarke

This is my first experience of seeing runway perimeter texture peeling in a full fat region. In SAK at PACV runway 27 I see grass texture appearing as I go down the runway.

I use Simstarter and with the profile I have Vector and OLC NA disabled. As I have said I have never experienced this anomaly in a full fat before. PACV is included in SAK I assume as an enhanced airport and also includes a PACV elevation adjustment ADE bgl in scenery\world\scenery. When querying peeling textures previously I was advised that I would probably need a special landclass file to remove the problem. SAK includes it's own LC does it not.?

To resolve the same type of issue at another (non fat but using FTX Global ans OLC EU)) airport I recently bought another addon ( Larnaca X) which removed all the peeling I had experienced at the airport previously.

Why would I be seeing this peeling in a full fat which contains LC, vector type data, elevation correction bgl and it's own mesh?

Hi there,

well spotted, I can confirm the issue. Interesting that it hasn't been reported before. The issue appears to be an overly complex local landclass polygon, which typically causes that odd behavior. I'll send a note to the respective SAK team member to have a look at the files.

Cheers, Holger 

1 hour ago, Holger Sandmann said:

well spotted, I can confirm the issue. Interesting that it hasn't been reported before. The issue appears to be an overly complex local landclass polygon, which typically causes that odd behavior. I'll send a note to the respective SAK team member to have a look at the files

Hi,

I've found another airport with this problem.  Go look at S33 airport ...

Thanks !

Mike

Mike, what scenery addon is S33 in? I can only find reference to it in Vector. If it is the Global (non full fat) area of the world then there are dozens of them with peeling runway perimeters. I had been hoping that OLC NA would deal with any in the US but it looks like your find at S33 removed that hope. I will check it myself.

Thanks Holger and appreciate you will report it to the developer.

In my question to Mike, above, I said i had hoped that OLC NA would eliminate any "peeling" effects in the US. Would I be incorrect in thinking that? Is it something that can only be rectified at a specific airport with a specific LC action required like replacing the airport rather than a comprehensive LC product Like OLC NA rectifying the anomaly?

Also note that Haines (PAHN) in the SAK scenery is also affected with the same problem. When taxiing along the runway an area of lighter brown  'parched' grass texture follows the plane. It's the same texture shown in jjaycee1's screen shot and the effect looks the same as that shown as well.
It never used to do this as far as I can remember, so something has recently broken and is causing a potentially widespread issue in SAK (and perhaps in other sceneries), rather than this being something that has always been wrong.

Hi guys,

please find attached hotfixes for the three reported airports. We could confirm that they had specific issues with their local grass/gravel polygons that should now be rectified; please double-check. 

The PAHN and PACV file sets belong in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery and the S33 file set in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_CRM05_SCENERY\scenery. You should get notifications to overwrite existing files; if not, you're placing them in the wrong folder!

Cheers, Holger

FTX_CRM_S33_hotfix_Sep2016.zip

FTX_SAK_PAHN+PACV_hotfix_Sep2016.zip

1 hour ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi guys,

please find attached hotfixes for the three reported airports. We could confirm that they had specific issues with their local grass/gravel polygons that should now be rectified; please double-check. 

The PAHN and PACV file sets belong in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery and the S33 file set in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_CRM05_SCENERY\scenery. You should get notifications to overwrite existing files; if not, you're placing them in the wrong folder!

Cheers, Holger

FTX_CRM_S33_hotfix_Sep2016.zip

FTX_SAK_PAHN+PACV_hotfix_Sep2016.zip

Will this be in a future SP @Holger Sandmann ?

Thanks

Archived