New NA_Alaska_Can install

Bakern

On 2016-09-21 at 7:11 AM, icedon said:

Hi,

how do I get 1.10?

When I try to download Open_LC NA/Alaska/Canada I only get the old Version from FSS.

Order #FSS0405611

Thanks

Don

If you did not get the full OpenLC NA within the 30 days that FTX/ORBX had a discount for early supporters of Alaska/Canada, then you will have to pay the full price for the whole thing.  So you will be essentially paying twice for Alaska Canada to get the southern part.  Why they cannot extend this discount for early supporters  after 30 days, I do not know. 

43 minutes ago, ArtFlyer said:

If you did not get the full OpenLC NA within the 30 days that FTX/ORBX had a discount for early supporters of Alaska/Canada, then you will have to pay the full price for the whole thing.  So you will be essentially paying twice for Alaska Canada to get the southern part.  Why they cannot extend this discount for early supporters  after 30 days, I do not know. 

So you want an indefinite discount period?  :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

So you want an indefinite discount period?  :rolleyes:

Its not a discount, its offering loyal early purchasers a fair price for something they have already partially paid for.  For those who already bought it, yes that would be appropriate to allow them to only pay for the south.  There is no good reason to do that for only 30 days.  It is not right to expect people to pay for Alaska Canada twice after 30 days.  You don't see this as double billing after 30 days?:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, ArtFlyer said:

Its not a discount, its offering loyal early purchasers a fair price for something they have already partially paid for.  For those who already bought it, yes that would be appropriate to allow them to only pay for the south.  There is no good reason to do that for only 30 days.  It is not right to expect people to pay for Alaska Canada twice after 30 days.  You don't see this as double billing after 30 days?:rolleyes:

Then don't buy it, if it bothers you that much.

19 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Then don't buy it, if it bothers you that much.

I already bought the first half in good faith.  Will never again support them by buying a half finished product from them.  I learned my lesson not to give them more support than they gave me back.

19 minutes ago, ArtFlyer said:

I already bought the first half in good faith.  Will never again support them by buying a half finished product from them.  I learned my lesson not to give them more support than they gave me back.

That's your right of course.  But if you look at the size of ORBX areas, by rights NA should still be sold as 2 separate areas, similar to ENG, IRE, SCOT and WALES.  or the latest Northern Germany and soon to be developed Southern Germany.

So you're not really worse off than you would be if ORBX had retained the scenery package in two halves, but now there's only one installer.  So you can look at it as though you're paying for CAN ALASKA twice, whereas in reality you're paying a fair price for two mammoth areas of high quality scenery that have been combined into one installer.

11 minutes ago, John Dow said:

That's your right of course.  But if you look at the size of ORBX areas, by rights NA should still be sold as 2 separate areas, similar to ENG, IRE, SCOT and WALES.  or the latest Northern Germany and soon to be developed Southern Germany.

So you're not really worse off than you would be if ORBX had retained the scenery package in two halves, but now there's only one installer.  So you can look at it as though you're paying for CAN ALASKA twice, whereas in reality you're paying a fair price for two mammoth areas of high quality scenery that have been combined into one installer.

So I pay $75 total when everyone else pays $55 for the whole thing.   That sounds fair.  NOT

Archived