Questions about OLC files in scenery.cfg

Mikelab6

Hi,

In scenery config, I see 4 OLC files :

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE!

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2

ORBX!OPENLC_BASE

Could you please confirm to me the coverage of each file ? 

By example, do I need to also enable ORBX!OPENLC_BASE if I am flying in NA with Global+VECTOR+OLCNA enabled (NA regions disabled) ?

That information will help me to configure my scenery editor tool, when flying in different regions or Global mode.

Thanks !

I know

Not directly answering your question here but you should have about 10 Europe entries not just 1. I fly a config of just OLC NA as well ( Regions disabled) and always have the Base enabled, but the 10 OLC EU entries disabled, Vice versa when doing Europe in OLC. Base enabled and the 2 OLC NA disabled.  I am unsure which of the 2 OLC addons installed Base but understand it is required to be enabled if using any of the 2 OLCs.

One would need to own OpenLC Europe to have the 10 scenery library entries.

My advice would be to leave them all active, Base is required in any case and

the ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE! 1 entry won't do anything to North America.

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1 and ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2 contain all the

Open landclass for North America.

17 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Not directly answering your question here but you should have about 10 Europe entries not just 1. I fly a config of just OLC NA as well ( Regions disabled) and always have the Base enabled, but the 10 OLC EU entries disabled, Vice versa when doing Europe in OLC. Base enabled and the 2 OLC NA disabled.  I am unsure which of the 2 OLC addons installed Base but understand it is required to be enabled if using any of the 2 OLCs.

Thanks jjaycee !  I don't have OLC EU but the logic is the for NA...

17 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

One would need to own OpenLC Europe to have the 10 scenery library entries.

My advice would be to leave them all active, Base is required in any case and

the ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE! 1 entry won't do anything to North America.

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1 and ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2 contain all the

Open landclass for North America.

Thanks Nick !  Will be easy to leave them enabled...except EU

If I am right OPENLC_NAMERICA1 is used by ORBX regions and OPENLC_NAMERICA2 is used by GLOBAL, so if I fly in NA Regions only I could have OPENLC_NAMERICA2 disabled and vice-versa if I fly in GLOBAL only..

Hi guys,

ORBX!OPENLC_BASE contains some global updates and fixes to the default landclass system and should be kept active at all times.

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1 and ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2  contain the complete openLC NA package, with the former the Mexico/Caribbean portion and the latter the US/Canada areas.

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE! 1 contains coverage of the Baltic States, included with Global Base as a demo of openLC EU.

Cheers, Holger

10 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi guys,

ORBX!OPENLC_BASE contains some global updates and fixes to the default landclass system and should be kept active at all times.

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1 and ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2  contain the complete openLC NA package, with the former the Mexico/Caribbean portion and the latter the US/Canada areas.

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE! 1 contains coverage of the Baltic States, included with Global Base as a demo of openLC EU.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger !   Does REGIONS uses ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1 and ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2  ?

18 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi guys,

Cheers, Holger

I'm having OOM issues on FSX-SE after I installed OLC-NA and was researching a fix, when I came upon this thread - I looked and I only have NAMERICA1 installed.  Could that be one of the problems I'm having in that it seems that NAMERICA2 did not install?

Thanks,

Matt

FSS0514284

Hi again,

Mikelab6, all FTX Regions are entirely self-contained and don't use or require Global Base, openLC, or any other Orbx product.

Matt, navigate to \ORBX\Scripts\ and check whether it contains a file named "openlc_lib_na2.txt". If so, right-click on the file named "FTXConfigurator_OLC.exe" and select Run as Administrator. You probably won't see anything on the screen (it's a silent operation) but that executable should have added the openLC NA entries to your scenery library menu.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger,

It was either running the Configurator OR I reinstalled OpenLC NA - I did both - but everything seems to be installed. 

On another note - after installing Open LC NA the sim (FSX-SE) would just "stop working".  After trying most remedies, other than performing a clean re-install, I activated Preview DirectX 10....and (knock on wood) no more mystery stops.  Now however I am dealing with the "black boxes" issue.

Any comment about DirectX 10 and Open LC NA?

Thanks,

Matt

To solve DX10 issues, I suggest you buy Steve's DX10 Fixer. If still available it will be at www.flightsimstore.com. You can also find a freeware solution to Dx10 problems created by Steve before he began creating and selling his full package solution.

Sherm

• 1 month later...

Order #FSS0507492 

Hi there,

I am hoping someone can help here.  I had to reboot by sim and after reinstalling North America Open Land Class I am only seeing  ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA 1, ORBX!OPENLC_BASE and  ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE! 1 in the scenery library but not ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA 2.  Any help is appreciated thanks.

Regards

Dario

Hello and welcome to the forums.

The answer is just a few posts higher in this very topic.

navigate to \ORBX\Scripts\ and check whether it contains a file named "openlc_lib_na2.txt". If so, right-click on the file named "FTXConfigurator_OLC.exe" and select Run as Administrator. You probably won't see anything on the screen (it's a silent operation) but that executable should have added the openLC NA entries to your scenery library menu.

Archived