Why Can't I Get Any Answer P3D v 3.5 PAJN Crashes

kodiepilot

This is a new installation of P3D v 3.5 and ORBX PAJN 115. When I go to this airport the aircraft starts in the air. Then slowly descends to the runway and then sim crashes. There is no PAJN listed in the Vector elevation tool. I have installed this twice with the same problem. No other scenery installed but ORBX.

Thank You

Bill

Thanks Dave.

Yes FTX SAK is installed. My frustration is that my original post for this issue was last Thursday 8/11/16. I don't no how to better describe the problem. It's unusual to wait this long for a reply from ORBX.

Thank You.

Bill

Thanks John,

I start from the default P3D v 3 flight at Elgin AFB with the F-22 Raptor. Then from there I select PAJN from the "Select Airport" screen Active Runway. When the airport loads. The F-22 is about 100ft above the runway and slowly descends to the runway and then crashes.

Thank You.

Bill

I just went to the default flight in P3D and from there selected PAJN and found myself in the dark at 5am or so, on the runway ready to go.

So, you must have an entry somewhere that disrupts the smooth loading.  Maybe consider deleting your Prepar3D.cfg file as well as any other saved flight and situation folders...

Safe to say it's not a P3D or ORBX bug.

No one said anything about deleting files, just to remove or rename them. As it is so very common in the compatibility between many add-ons, the general fix is to remove or rename the lower hierarchy files. You can do this many ways ; Common here by the support guys is to renaming their .BGL extension to .OFF but you can also just remove the files to outside of their scenery folder so that they are no longer read by the sim.

Hi guys,

why not use the search function of this forum with relevant keywords like "PAJN elevation"? Doing so brings up plenty of relevant threads including this one for general trouble shooting:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/114741-pajn-elevation-problems/#comment-1030701

No need to deactivate the SAK PAJN entries; in fact the add-on airport may require to keep those files in place. In any case, if an Orbx airport requires changes to the local FTX Region's files then the airport's autoinstaller would do that.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Bill,

Perhaps I can offer one more suggestion:  P3D seems quite fussy under some conditions when you load a saved flight and then change the location and or aircraft. (The default flight can be considered a special saved flight.)  Once you successfully load a flight in your area of interest it’s very handy to save that flight or 'Scenario' as they are called in P3D. You can save any number of them, and make any of them the default flight depending on your needs.

Archived