Beaches...We don't need no stinking beaches

BBQSteve

As a right coast person, we have beaches......wide beaches here down south. Could we get some more sand down here? Especially in the Carolinas. Very little dirt or trees on the beaches. Ocracoke Island looks like a forrest in the sim and there are no houses anywhere except in the village of Ocracoke. It is all National Park. Otherwise nice looking LC.

3 hours ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Do you think the title is correct or inappropriate Steve? Because i am tempted to give you some parfumed warning points :)

Maybe I missed something? The title is clearly a take off of the line: "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges." from the movie Blazing Saddles. 

There is nothing inappropriate about that at all. Does it translate into something naughty in Italian? 

2 hours ago, MD_Flier said:

Maybe I missed something? The title is clearly a take off of the line: "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges." from the movie Blazing Saddles. 

There is nothing inappropriate about that at all. Does it translate into something naughty in Italian? 

1 hour ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Maybe Italians pronounce "bitches" as "beaches"....hmmm?

True.  I've also heard that particular movie line twisted into quite a few other variations in addition to the one that you mentioned. 

I assumed that the 'warning' was real, but I have little experience in the world of subtle Italian humor.

Stew... My first thought was that maybe there was never an Italian version of Blazing Saddles so Maurizio immediately assumed the meaning that you wrote without knowing the true (and for the most part, non offensive) origination of the quote ;) 

Just now, MD_Flier said:

True.  I've also heard that particular movie line twisted into quite a few other variations in addition to the one that you mentioned. 

I assumed that the 'warning' was real, but I have little experience in the world of subtle Italian humor.

Stew... My first thought was that maybe there was never an Italian version of Blazing Saddles so Maurizio immediately assumed the meaning that you wrote without knowing the true (and for the most part, non offensive) origination of the quote ;) 

I'm sure Maurizio has a good sense of humor...I'm trusting that he does, at any rate.  Do I qualify for leniency if my grandfather was Italian?

Apart the movie you mentionned, that i've seen (mezzogiorno e mezzo di fuoco), i think it was a report that landclass is not accurate there. I trust on the mother language person (of our staff), who reported the post. In despite of my sense of humor, and the fact that i like people who are used to utilize it, i had the same sensation about the tone of the post, anyway i am sure you took my point :) I moved the post here because i considered it a report of a wrong rendering in the Carolinas area that BBQ mentionned.

OpenLC does not do beaches, that is a VECTOR function. If you have specific bug reports to lodge for FTX VECTOR the please do so with screenshots and coordinates and the VECTOR team will add fixes to the next service pack.

If there are forests where there should be other LC then yes, that's an openLC bug and should be reported so we capture it in the upcoming 1.1 patch release.

It amazes me how a little attempt at humor causes a stream of posts, yet a simple question often goes unanswered for days.

If I knew the ins and outs of scenery, I would probably make my own. Since I don't, I rely on those who do. Sorry to cause such a stir.

Archived