Uninstall or Disable Southern California

Stofvel

I run FSX (SP2) on a Windows 7, relatively high end system (i7) lots of RAM.

I installed FTX NA SCA Southern California months ago and since then, the frame rate has dropped dramatically, on any area I fly in. I read on-line that this has caused fps issues on other systems as well but I was hoping that an update might resolve the issue. Still hoping!

Some have uninstalled Southern California reporting a return to normal of their fps. 

If needs must, I will uninstall this as well, but if there is a way I can disable "FTX NA SCA Southern California" temporarily, with a complete return my previous FPS, at least until it has been resolved or a determination that it can't be, that is my preferred tack.

If someone could provide some detailed instructs or a link on how to temporarily disable FTX NA SCA, AND, how to un-install same, without affecting my other FTX  installs that would be appreciated.

I noted in FTX Central 2 vs 2.1.5988.3534 that there is a Product Uninstaller Tool - But I am not sure if that is the most ideal method - should I have to uninstall SC.

Thanks for any help.

Stofvel

Installed Orbx Products
GLOBAL
FTX Global Base Pack FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.40 September 2015
FTX Global openLC Europe FTX openLC Europe Version 1.20 - September 2015
FTX Global openLC NA Alaska/Canada FTX openLC North America Alaska/Canada Version 1.00 - August 2015
FTX Global Vector FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.40 April 2016

REGION
Northern California FTX NA NCA Northern California V1.20 Patch 002 November 2015
Northern Rockies FTX NA NRM Northern Rocky Mountains V1 PATCH 005 December 2015
Pacific Northwest FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014
Southern California FTX NA SCA Southern California V1.00 December 2015

AIRPORT
7WA3 FTX NA 7WA3 West Wind Airfield Version 1.00
CEJ4 FTX CAN CEJ4 CLARESHOLM INDUSTRIAL VERSION 2.00
CEN4 FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 2.10
CYSE FTX AA CYSE SQUAMISH AIRPORT V1.00 JUNE 2014
KCGX FTX US KCGX Merrill C. Meigs Field Version 1.00 January 2016
KEGE FTX US KEGE Eagle County Regional Airport AIRPORT VERSION 1.10 DECEMBER 2015
KHQM FTX NA KHQM BOWERMAN AIRPORT VERSION 1.0
KMRY FTX US KMRY Monterey Regional Airport Version 1.15 December 2015
KPSP FTX US Palm Springs Intl Airport Version 1.1 - May 2016
KTEX FTX US KTEX Telluride Regional Airport Version 1.0 March 2016

OTHER
Europe Freeware Packs FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACKS 1 to 8 - March 2015
FTX Trees HD FTX TREES HD VERSION 1.00 APRIL 2015
North America Freeware Packs FTX Global Freeware Airports North & South America - June 2016
North American AI Traffic FTX NA GA AI Traffic V1.20 March 2014
Orbx Libraries FTX AA ORBX Libraries Version 160528 28th May 2016

UNCATEGORISED
BOB First Person Mode ORBX FTX BOB FIRST PERSON MODE VERSION 1.1 JULY 2010
FTX_GLOBAL_FREEWARE_EU1 FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 1 - March 2014
FTX_GLOBAL_FREEWARE_EU2 FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 2 - April 2014
FTX_GLOBAL_FREEWARE_EU3 FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 3 - June 2014
FTX_GLOBAL_FREEWARE_EU4 FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 4 - July 2014
FTX_GLOBAL_FREEWARE_EU5 FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 5 - September 2014
FTX_GLOBAL_FREEWARE_EU6 FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 6 - October 2014
FTX_NA_CBB7 FTX CA CBB7 TIPELLA  AIRPORT 1.00 JULY 2013
FTX_OLC_AA FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013
FTX_OLC_EU1 FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013
FTX_OLC_NA1 FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013
XXX BAM (OCT 2015) FTX_GLOBAL_BASE_PACK FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.30 September 2014

Hey Nick,

I assume that's:

FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY

FTX_NA_SCA06_CVX

FTX_NA_SCA07_MESH

FTX_NA_SCA08_CUSTOM

Thanks for that Nick, appreciated. 

Any advantage to un-install over simply disabling these?

Stofvel

Thanks again Nick. I thought the SC installation was also related to the poor refresh rate i have been experiencing with my other orbx installs, however I read several posts in context  to "the blurries" which more or less describes my recent experiences, as acknowledged by John Venema,  so made a post there.

All the best.

Stofvel

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JS07 said:

Stofvel, is SCA running okay now?  I'm this close to buying it, like now. today.  If there's a loss of FPS maybe I should wait.

Jack,  No amount of waiting will cure an fps loss.  Get it today if you think you can afford it.  Folks are having troubles with fps mostly because they are flying jetliners with all the scenery sliders maxed out to the right.  That can never work, even on the fastest system--even P3D is limited in this way.  Those folks would be better off just disabling SCA and flying Global into Southern Cal.  As you know, I fly GA in FSX, and when I'm in SCA, I turn down autogen to normal and cloud draw distance to minimum, all the way to the left.  No OOMs, and fps mostly high 20s except when flying towards LAX, then low 20s, but manageable.

P.S.  I use the same settings for PNW, btw.  Just did two flights out of KSEA yesterday--no problems, about the same performance as down near LAX.

Hi everyone, 

I too am turning FSX  Southern California off  as I'm getting low FPS followed by OOMs.  I built a new FSX machine with the I7 6700K (not overclocked yet) Windows 10 and a Nvidia GTX 1070. The OOMs could certainly be an Nvidia driver issue as there are no updates showing that are compatible, Flying into and out of KPSP with SoCal showed a VAS slowly decreasing below 500 and poof, OOM. I did unchecked everything in the SoCal and KPSP options menu via the FTX Config2.  The OOM occurred with the A2A 182, RealAir Turbine Duke and Flysimware 35A.  UT Traffic2 set at 60%, Scenery slider 'Dense'. 

FTX makes great products and your experience will probably be different.  I look forward to hearing from other simmers who are seeing similar issues. Thank!

Bob

I don't know what a setting of 60% traffic in UT2 represents numbers wise as far as traffic in the air is concerned, but it sounds extremely high to me. If you right click your mouse on screen you would see an option to view the ai traffic. You must remember that Southern California is loaded with hundreds of airports and UT2 will be activating ai traffic at all of them and this will eat up your systems resources. I use MyTraffic 6 and at KPSP will have traffic set at maybe 20-30% max and only airliners active. If i fly towards LA I turn traffic down to a max of 3%. There is still a load of ai active even with that low setting. Just remember that Traffic is resource killer and especially noticeable in areas where there are lots of airports in a radius of +100 miles.

Try a flight in SCA in the KPSP & KLAX area with no traffic, as an experiment, and see if you still get OOMs, and then scale up your traffic settings incrementally.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:03 AM, bobpr said:

Hi everyone, 

I too am turning FSX  Southern California off  as I'm getting low FPS followed by OOMs.  I built a new FSX machine with the I7 6700K (not overclocked yet) Windows 10 and a Nvidia GTX 1070. The OOMs could certainly be an Nvidia driver issue as there are no updates showing that are compatible, Flying into and out of KPSP with SoCal showed a VAS slowly decreasing below 500 and poof, OOM. I did unchecked everything in the SoCal and KPSP options menu via the FTX Config2.  The OOM occurred with the A2A 182, RealAir Turbine Duke and Flysimware 35A.  UT Traffic2 set at 60%, Scenery slider 'Dense'. 

FTX makes great products and your experience will probably be different.  I look forward to hearing from other simmers who are seeing similar issues. Thank!

Bob

I reckon I'm a little late to the party, but I'll still post my observation. 

In my SCA management control panel, I have cleared all of the ticks.  Even with FSX settings lower than normal, the best framerate I can do is about 12-15 consistently.  This is 12-15 with stutters, pause for 5-7 seconds, stutter, repeat.  Unfortunately, on my computer it's completely unusable.  Perhaps when I explore the far Eastern section of SCA it will provide some enjoyment.  I have MyTraffic AI set at 16%, and car traffic at 2%.

1 hour ago, MotoDave said:

I reckon I'm a little late to the party, but I'll still post my observation. 

In my SCA management control panel, I have cleared all of the ticks.  Even with FSX settings lower than normal, the best framerate I can do is about 12-15 consistently.  This is 12-15 with stutters, pause for 5-7 seconds, stutter, repeat.  Unfortunately, on my computer it's completely unusable.  Perhaps when I explore the far Eastern section of SCA it will provide some enjoyment.  I have MyTraffic AI set at 16%, and car traffic at 2%.

Have you tried turning autogen density down to "dense" or even "normal"?  Cloud draw distance to 60 miles?  I've found these two settings profoundly affect fps.  Just a thought.

1 minute ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Have you tried turning autogen density down to "dense" or even "normal"?  Cloud draw distance to 60 miles?  I've found these two settings profoundly affect fps.  Just a thought.

Howdy Stewart.  I completed 2 test flights.  1 with autogen dense and weather 2 ticks up.  1 with autogen normal and weather at minimums.  Both flights were abysmal.

2 minutes ago, MotoDave said:

Howdy Stewart.  I completed 2 test flights.  1 with autogen dense and weather 2 ticks up.  1 with autogen normal and weather at minimums.  Both flights were abysmal.

Ah, well.  It was worth a try.  Sorry I can't help.  Every person's rig can be so different, that what works for one rig, doesn't work for another.  I confess I haven't seen the problems you describe at Palm Springs/Banning.

Just now, Stewart Hobson said:

Ah, well.  It was worth a try.  Sorry I can't help.  Every person's rig can be so different, that what works for one rig, doesn't work for another.  I confess I haven't seen the problems you describe at Palm Springs/Banning.

Thanks Stewart.  Should you do a low and slow up the valley from KPSP to Banning please report.  You're absolutely right about computers.

2 minutes ago, MotoDave said:

Thanks Stewart.  Should you do a low and slow up the valley from KPSP to Banning please report.  You're absolutely right about computers.

You got it.  I'm flying multiplayer tomorrow 11:00-2:30pm, but will give it a try later.  Btw, where in Oregun are you?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Jack and Stew,

Talk about a belated post - sorry bout that. In my last post July 5 on this thread I indicated that part of the problem with performance "the blurries" was related to FTX Central V2 and made a post in that thread under "Eureka! FTX Central (v2.1.6031.32439) and the Orbx Libraries (160708) Update"

Post that I never returned to this thread or received notifications of same - until today - but in fairness, in the past few months I haven't had as much time as I would like to sim fly or converse on the forum.

Stofvel, is SCA running okay now?  I'm this close to buying it, like now. today.  If there's a loss of FPS maybe I should wait.

Jack Sawyer

As noted the update to FTX Central v2 solved a host of presentation issues with all regions, not least of which was "the blurries" a refresh rate problem. One of Stews posts indicated that for SCA (and other regions and add-ons) you can reduce the sliders for autogen density, etc. to bring frame rate up - and I have long since initiated same to maintain a workable frame rate while maintaining as realistic a presentation as possible, for urban and rural areas. It is a balancing act that appears entirely dependant on the number of and degree of processor intensive add-ons you run.

I fly GA aircraft, only, so generally the aircraft component (more or less) is a modest tax of the processor - but as seasoned sim veterans have noted - no one escapes the frame rate hit - so pick and choose your add-ons carefully. I run Orbx Global, Vector, LCs and airports, ASN, Rex 4 with Clouds, UT2, GTN 750/650 - it all adds up.

To answer your question Jack, SCA ran better, post the FTX Central V2 repair - so waiting, in this case, would have been best - built up areas in SCA have always been somewhat problematic (pre and post Orbx), your mileage may vary depending on whether you want an urban presentation that is either pre or post nuclear holocaust (an exaggeration :D) but I would have to say my frame rate was still better before the SCA addition. SCA is still workable but Orbx didn't pull any punches when it indicated in the SCA Manual - you may have to reduce your presentation sliders.

Again sorry for the long delay in getting back.

Brian

Archived